Hey guys, I have a pretty cool idea. How about the playability of a Les Paul, combined with the sound of and acoustic guitar? In addition, there is a "top jack" like that of an SG and a volume knob of which controls the volume level of an acoustic pickup inside the guitar.
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!
Put a Piezo pickup in a LP
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
not what I had in mind..
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!
Why don't you tell us what you did have in mind, then?

An idea is worthless if you can't describe it, and it's meaningless if you don't have any idea of how you might make it happen. People have been trying to make acoustics more playable for years, but there are a lot of inherent qualities that mean you can't just wave your hands and make them "like a les paul."

So your "cool idea" is like saying "what if there were a plane that was as easy to use as a car, but it also had some parts from a boat." Yeah, sure, it sounds neat, but so what? Give us something to work with here.
I mean an acoustic guitar shaped like a Les Paul! as in, the neck, headstock & body are SHAPED LIKE A LES PAUL and the body has the hollow-body hole, along with the resonating width of the acoustic guitar body. On top of that, a built in acoustic guitar pickup with an SG-style top jack. That is exactly what I had in mind.
Quote by Invader Jim

He listed that in this post

EDIT: What do you want TS Invader Jim already gave you 2 viable options
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Oct 28, 2013,
Can't really blame people for getting the wrong idea given how little you gave us to work with. Sounds like you just want a hollowbody with a piezo pickup?

An ES-175 with a piezo and a slightly different cutaway would be pretty much exactly that. The Super 400 is close, too. I guess if you want a flattop you'd have fewer options. The Johnny A has a flattop and is kinda sorta close. The point here is that you can't just copy/paste "A Les Paul" onto "An Acoustic" and magically have a product. If you could just make an acoustic that played as easily as a LP we'd all be playing them.