Hello. i am probably gonna buy a roland cube 30 as my second bedroom practice amp. i was wondering about 30 watts. are they too loud? i used to have a cube 80 and it was too loud for home using. i couldnt setup the correct volume. or it was too loud or too quiet.
I'm not sure about the 30, but the 60 definitely had a headphone out when I was using it.

In either case, the 30 should be fine as long as you don't turn it up past about 3 or so if you want to keep everyone happy. If you can push it a little then 6ish is probably still ok
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
Isn't the cube a solid state? Don't they sound the same at all volumes? I thought it was only valve amps that need to be loud to get such tones.
Quote by HammerParty
Isn't the cube a solid state? Don't they sound the same at all volumes? I thought it was only valve amps that need to be loud to get such tones.

That's pretty much it.

You won't have any sort of problems with the cube, though may I suggest a yamaha THR10 if you want a good and small bedroom practice amp?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I have one, works great on any volume level.
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
o i have the Roland Cube 30. I tryed him out and most say that its a verry good little practice amp. it can be pretty loud, probably loud enough for rehearsals with band. i most say again, the amp is suprisingly small, verry cool to throw em in a car trunk. this is the first day, i played 2 hours and i noticed that this amp sounds verry trebly and sounds good only on a neck pickup. the starting position for the knobs should be at zero and not at 12h. but in my opinion my valvetronix 60 blue doesnt sound good at neck pickup, so its the opposite. otherwise all modeling amp on roland are verry good. if i compare it to my valvetronix the clean and the metall stuff are better on a cube, the crunch, blues, stuff are better on the valvetronix. the marshall sounds are a bit better on roland. gain knob on 9h still works on roland, on valvetronix gain on 9h is the same as nothing. all effects exept chorus are better on valvetronix. the valvetronix is more professional and has a diferent eq settings for clean and overdrive,what roland does not. thats only my first impression, hopefuly it will help someone someday. if you are looking for a practice amp, this is the right stuff. small, good sounds, light, easy to use. sorry for my english.
Quote by HammerParty

That's not true. All amps work better at a bit louder volumes. My Micro Cube had its "sweet spot" at 9 o'clock. Anything below that sounded kind of weak.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115