I've got a Mesa combo 5:50 and love the sound and versatility. That's why I'm sticking with Mesa's, but I want a bit of an upgrade and to go the head + cab route now.
I've read a lot saying Roadster for rhythm and Mark V for lead, but I do both in my band. Also need something quite versatile that can handle alternative/prog rock, pretty high gain tones, but not quite metal, as that's my main thing, but also handle classic rock, blues, brit, jazz and other styles too.
What do you guys suggest?
Both are very nice. I'd go Mark V though
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^+1
i know a user called matrixclaw just got a roadster, go and post in his ngd thread. he is generally very knowledgable about amps.
between those though i'd personally go mark v as well, although one could argue as you don't play metal, the roadster is better.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Last edited by randomguy2000 at Oct 23, 2013,
no problem
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Definitely Mark V.

Quote by randomguy2000
^+1
i know a user called matrixclaw just got a roadster, go and post in his ngd thread. he is generally very knowledgable about amps.
between those though i'd personally go mark v as well, although one could argue as you don't play metal, the roadster is better.

Eh? The Roadster is more geared towards metal out of the box than the Mark.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Oct 24, 2013,
^just looked them up.... appears you are right. For some reason I got mixed up between the Roadster and Lonestar
thanks for the correction
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly