Page 1 of 2
#1
...what would it be?


I'd choose tapping. Followed by sweep picking. And also 7th chords.

There are only so few guitarists that can utilize any of the above properly and I'm tired of hearing younger players poorly attempting to utilize any of them right (and if they happen to get it right, it's all they play for the next 3-6 months until they learn something new).

I'd be okay with never hearing any of those again.
#2
I would ban TS.

...modes and scales are still useless.


Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
#12
Quote by Malchius
Is TS only wanting to ban these technique because he can't use them?


No, it's just because he's dumb.
#13
Quote by Cavalcade
7th chords? Really?
Isn't TS one of those stuck up pricks who pretends to like classical? Or am I confusing him with a different stuck up prick?

He's an avid fan of the classical scale
#14
Quote by Wormholes
I give it two weeks until TS posts porn to get himself banned.


I'll do it for him. Enjoy this shit Ian.

#18
Quote by Malchius
Is TS only wanting to ban these technique because he can't use them?
Nah, I've used all of them one or more times throughout my own work.

But one simply can't use them anymore without sounding like a complete tool. Tapping especially, it should be reserved to very few players in the world.


Quote by MaXiMuse
Ban 7th chords? So you want to ban every blues, jazz, funk, fusion etc. song?

That's madness...
Should've been more specific.

Ban 7th chords being played through distortion. Like in all metal, it makes you sound like an idiot when you play a barred E7 through a shit ton of distortion.
#19
u wot
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
#21
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Nah, I've made a few of them throughout my time.

But I simply can't make a post or thread anymore without sounding like a complete tool. Threads especially, it should be reserved to pretty much everyone but me in the world.



ftfy mate
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
#22
Quote by Ian_the_fox
sounding like a complete tool.


And here we've found something that you are indeed an actual expert in...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
#23
why stop there TS? why don't we ban strumming, palm muting, hammer ons, pull offs, sliding, bending, hell... let's just ban the guitar to appease your fragile little ego because you can't wrap your head around the idea of disciplined practice. I'm sorry that the idea of people getting something right and then continuing to practice it until they get it perfect offends you so much. I can only imagine how bland and uninteresting the music you listen to is, and how creatively limited your own music must be.
#25
Upon first sight, I thought everyone was being pretty mean to TS but after further reading, I'd totally ban yo ass TS.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
#26
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
Pinch Harmonics are almost always awful.


what the ****?! do you even play guitar?!

it's sweep picking by far! what's wrong with you?!
Ultimately, it's all an Illusion for your confusion.

#28
I would ban your favorite technique.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!


Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
#29
Quote by Sikkii
what the ****?! do you even play guitar?!

it's sweep picking by far! what's wrong with you?!



Do you even play guitar?
They say when you talk to God it's prayer, but when God talks to you it's schizophrenia.
#30
7th chords aren't a technique. You lose.

How does someone only play 7th chords and not ultilise them properly? I don't know what you're talking about.
Last edited by Mephaphil at Oct 23, 2013,
#31
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Ban 7th chords being played through distortion. Like in all metal, it makes you sound like an idiot when you play a barred E7 through a shit ton of distortion.

you should try some shoegaze sometime. although they generally use fuzz rather than distortion.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
#32
I would completely get rid the guitar in general. The majority of guitarists always seem to whine about other players because "They're shred-heads with no feel" or "They say they have feeling because they can't play." They really irritate me since there's so many of them around.

Edit: Also, I would ban the idea of modes. The countless arguments I see people get into concerning them is insane.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Last edited by aerosmithfan95 at Oct 23, 2013,
#34
you're so wise in your judgment, from whence doth this sagacity come?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
#35
> wants 7th chords banned for improper use
> implies good use would be harmonically

> V7 - I played
> Blues progression played

> criticizes player for using rehashed progressions.
> ????


Tell us oh wise one..

..what does the fox say?

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Oct 23, 2013,
#38
We should ban plugging in electric guitars, if you're a real guitarist, you can create real tone through an unplugged electric guitar. Amps are for tools.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.



Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
#39
I would like to ban tuning your guitar. Any real player, like Ian, can play with the guitar set to anything.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
#40
This thread is stupid. And their are no guitar techniques I would ban, but if I could choose a compositional habit to ban it would be when metal bands have the two guitar players play a riff together, and then repeat it but harmonizing in thirds.
Page 1 of 2