Okay guys, I need help, and I mean really need help, I've been absolutely obsessed with the rockerverb 50 2x12 combo for as long as I can remember, and as I'm getting a little bit older I'm really wanting one. There is just one problem. I'm a college student with little to no money, however I have a good bit of gear. Including, a good PA a vox vt80+ an old teisco knock off SG from the 60s, a hot rodded telecaster, and a joe trohman signature washburn. This isn't all of my stuff, however that is all the stuff I'm willing to sell. All in this quest I'm about to embark on for that rockerverb tone, at a fraction of the price. I've tried selling all of this on ebay, craigslist everything, and am just about to haul it all to a pawn shop, and see what they will give me, I'm guessing no more than 500 bucks. Now my question is, can I even come close to rockerverb tone with that small of a chunk of cash? I would really like for whatever I get to be a 2x12 as well, but that's not necessary, tube or solid state also doesn't matter to me, an amp, is an amp, is an amp, is an amp. Any suggestions of where to start? Am I just crazy? should I just keep the vt80+ and deal with it? Either give me suggestions or talk me down before I take a bank loan for a rockerverb, please help!
Up for the Jim Root Terror, which officially is modeled after the Rockerverb's dirty channel.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The Jim root terror is amazing! But isn't it 800 for
The head new? Still out of my price range ):
+1 for the vypyr tube. Great amps.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

For $500 or under I'm thinking an Egnator Tweaker and a Fulltone OCD is the closest thing you're going to get to that gnarly dark crunch.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
What about the orange crush pro 120 watt 2x12? It's 700 bucks but is apparently supposed to be a solid state rockerverb, I would be willing to pay the extra cash if I will absolutely love it. Anybody had any experience?
Wait for a sales period. It's late October now, but soon enough it will be the holiday season. And with that all kinds of sales. The sales themes are a bit unpredictable with Guitar Center. Maybe it will be a good place to get the amp you want. That's how I got my guitar. It was just sitting in the corner around Christmas time.
Quote by ColeFleming
What about the orange crush pro 120 watt 2x12? It's 700 bucks but is apparently supposed to be a solid state rockerverb, I would be willing to pay the extra cash if I will absolutely love it. Anybody had any experience?

If you loved the Rockerverb, postpone gratification and save up. Meanwhile, you can monitor eBay, CL, other gear forums so you'll know how much to save.
The Facelift logo above is great. That is my favorite Alice in Chains album.
Quote by ColeFleming
The Jim root terror is amazing! But isn't it 800 for
The head new? Still out of my price range ):

So get a used one.

One here for $475 BIN. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Orange-TT15JR-Jim-Root-Terror-4-Amp-Slipknot-Stone-Sour-Rockerverb-Preamp-/360754478467?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53fea47d83#viTabs_0

Probably can get one cheaper if you snipe it.

I think that would be the way to go until you can save for a Rockerverb. Then use the Jim Root as a backup.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
You guys are probably right, it will be until next year when I can get a rockerverb more than likely, but I know it will be worth it. Also any tips for 2x12 combo vs head?