Page 1 of 2
Matthew Good played in Brockville, Ontario the other day. His bass player, Milos, made some rather rude tweets about the town and was called out by a city Councillor. Matthew Good made an apology on his blog about it

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=711521385542951&set=a.141830675845361.22650.117255554969540&type=1&theater

Apology

http://matthewgood.org/rubbish/2013/10/22/october-22-2013

Apparently he has also offended the towns of Fredericton and Levis with his tweets as well.
Quote by ne14t
I like a man's cream on my face every morning before my tea.

My girlfriend and her mom see each other nude daily for some weird reason
Yeah, I saw this because my brother's girflriend (who is from Brockville) posted it on Facebook with this to say:

My hometown hosted Matthew Good last night... this is what the bassist had to say about the city. Unbelievable. So disrespectful to the people that are PAYING to see you play. I have said some things about Brockville in the past. But it's not a bad place. There are many great people who live there, and it has a beautiful downtown and history. Not to mention that suicide should never be a joke. If you have to use the pain and suffering of others to be "funny" then you're not that funny bro.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
to be honest, I've lost a friend to suicide, and the joke doesn't really bother me. But it seems like the entire town is pissed off over a bad joke, and whether he meant it or not, he should give a sincere apology, especially if he considers himself in any way professional
Quote by ne14t

What I don't like is that dumbasses are pinning this to the whole band, like Matthew Good himself is somehow to blame just because his bassist made some tasteless jokes.
A SIGNATURE.
I don't see what the fuss is about, it's not as if he was making fun of an actual person who comitted suicide
I have nothing important to say
He's not, but he, as a former public figure, should understand that the people in his employ need to use as much professionalism in their conduct as he does. Especially after Good has previously had to apologize to two previous towns for the exact same issue.
Quote by ne14t

That is just bad business. Makes sense that he is musician.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I'd rather kill myself than read all of that
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Americans offended by everything. Was it in bad taste? yes. Does the guy need to grow up? probably.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Quote by KerNeL_KLuTcH
Americans offended by everything. Was it in bad taste? yes. Does the guy need to grow up? probably.

Brockville is in Ontario, Canada.
A SIGNATURE.
I'm sorry. I didn't realize this was UG frontpage news.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
How dare he make fun of Jerry the Racist Raccoon
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by macashmack
This isn't news.

Who said it was news?
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
The world needs this thread like I need a hole in the head.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Is there really a band name called Matthew Good? Not even "Matthew Good Band" or something stupid like that?

Oh yeah, the suicide thing. The only thing that offends me is that the joke is shit.
Quote by Wormholes
Is there really a band name called Matthew Good? Not even "Matthew Good Band" or something stupid like that?

Oh yeah, the suicide thing. The only thing that offends me is that the joke is shit.

The Matthew Good Band was Matthew Good's original band. Can't believe you guys haven't heard of them since they were pretty big in the late 90s, and had several hit singles ("Apparitions", "Load Me Up", "Everything Is Automatic", "Indestructible", "Strange Days", "Hello Time Bomb", a lot of singles lol). Anyway, he's just doing his solo stuff now, so it's just Matthew Good... Because his name is Matthew Good lol.
A SIGNATURE.
The guy grew up in Serbia...the macabre sense of humor that MG talks about probably kept Milos from killing himself when he was growing up with death all around him.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Sooo much butthurt on that facebook page. A majority of people have a hard time keeping their cool when it comes to objecting something that a person has said; that they themselves end up saying equally foul things right back. Yeah, classy.

I really dig Matthew Good, and I literally feel nothing from what that guy tweeted. People just gotta learn to stop giving a shit, but then again... this is the internet.
wow, they really love their town...and teenage suicide victims...
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I must say that was a well spoken and concise response by Matt Good. You've definitely got to give the guy props for the amount of thought and intelligence he put into it.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
Last edited by KillRoy Ver 3.0 at Oct 23, 2013,
Who the hell is Matthew Good
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by metal4eva_22
Brockville is to Ontario what Quebec is to Canada.

It's true, though that can be said about a lot of cities in Ontario lol *cough*Hamilton*cough*

Also, how has no one heard of Matthew Good Band?! They weren't exactly obscure back in the day lol. If none of you have heard of any of the following songs, then my world is just gonna flip upside down.

A SIGNATURE.
Quote by Redsectoreh
/\/\/\ All very damn good songs.

I know, right? Matthew Good Band was the shit. I still listen to those two albums, Underdogs and Beautiful Midnight.
A SIGNATURE.
Every town gets made fun of, what's new. And anyone who's personally dealt with suicide has thick enough skin to not give a shit about people joking about it. Pussies.
Don't give a ****. He plays bass. Come back when he can influence policy or a significant amount of people.

(I also play bass, I meant that in the, so ****ing what? sort of way, not derogatorily toward bass players)
Quote by DonGlover
It's true, though that can be said about a lot of cities in Ontario lol *cough*Hamilton*cough*

Also, how has no one heard of Matthew Good Band?! They weren't exactly obscure back in the day lol. If none of you have heard of any of the following songs, then my world is just gonna flip upside down.

*list of MGB songs*

No "Weapon" on your list....
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by Mudmen190
Don't give a ****. He plays bass. Come back when he can influence policy or a significant amount of people.

(I also play bass, I meant that in the, so ****ing what? sort of way, not derogatorily toward bass players)

If one had a prejudice against the bass, would they be a bassist?
Quote by DonGlover
Brockville is in Ontario, Canada.

Canada is in America.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by DonGlover

Hamilton is the Buffalo of the north
Quote by ChucklesMginty

America is hilarious with your stupid pride for your shitty towns.

you sure are clever pal
Page 1 of 2