Currently I'm using a Nokia brick which is durable but it's battery is slowly dying so I figured I might as well get a new phone. I know nothing about phones.

What should I get?

At the moment I am interested in a Nexus 5 when it comes out but willing to consider other Android alternatives. What is the Android vs iOS debate all about?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
The Samsung Galaxy is pretty sweet

But I'm still using a phone with a slideout keyboard so what do i know....
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Samsung Galaxy S4 with the extended 7600mAh battery is the only way to go. Otherwise you just end up with a shit that needs to be recharged twice a day.
Get something without iOS and android, and that has a long lasting battery.
Why don't you just buy a new battery for your phone anyway?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by captainsnazz
Nokia brick master race reporting in.

Nokia Lumia phone = best phone
Just get a galaxy 3. You can probably get one with a two year contract for fifty bucks if you look hard enough.
Quote by Spambot_2
Get something without iOS and android, and that has a long lasting battery.
Why don't you just buy a new battery for your phone anyway?

Because I am feeling increasingly isolated in society as everyone else can google facts at will, check their emails on the fly, WhatsApp each other etc. whilst I must go home and boot up a computer to do all of that.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
iPhone 5c

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I hate freedom of choice. We should all be given phones by the government so that there is no individuality and therefor no one can be above anyone else.
Quote by little_boy
How much you are looking to spend on a new phone?

Up to £300 if I buy it unlocked not on a contract and probbly looking to spend up to £20 a month + up front cost if it's a contract phone.

Sony offers quite a lot of options on that price tag. So does HTC, but I believe most of them use Windows Phone and since you only mentioned Android or iOS in the OP, I assume Windows is really not an option. Samsung has a large collection as well, but I'm not really a fan of Samsung, to be honest.

If you're not a die hard fan of Apple, I don't see why you should consider an iPhone. Also, for 300£ you're not getting any of the latest iPhones, and there's no advantage in purchasing an obsolete phone.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Currently I'm using a Nokia brick which is durable but it's battery is slowly dying so I figured I might as well get a new phone. I know nothing about phones.

What should I get?

At the moment I am interested in a Nexus 5 when it comes out but willing to consider other Android alternatives. What is the Android vs iOS debate all about?

Get the Nexus 5. It's gonna be cheap as shit and those specs look quite nice.

Quote by WCPhils
The Samsung Galaxy is pretty sweet

There are about a million different Galaxy models.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Nokia Lumia phone = best phone

Phone is nice, though WP8 is so buggy. I can't even put music on my 820, the traxk multiply like amoeba.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by AtaBorMan
Phone is nice, though WP8 is so buggy. I can't even put music on my 820, the traxk multiply like amoeba.

I wouldn't know, since I'm part of the Windows Phone 7.8 master race with my Lumia 900.
Quote by Xiaoxi
iPhone 5c

Why? If you're going to get an iPhone, the 5C is the worst option. It's damn near the price of the 5S which gets you a much nicer phone. Hell, if you don't want to spend the extra cash, just buy an iPhone 5. It's a better phone.

As for Android

Nexus 5 will be the best bet in your price range, but the Xperia Z1 is good, especially if you like gorgeous looking phones. It's a lot more expensive though.

Quote by TheChaz
Why? If you're going to get an iPhone, the 5C is the worst option. It's damn near the price of the 5S which gets you a much nicer phone. Hell, if you don't want to spend the extra cash, just buy an iPhone 5. It's a better phone.

But the iPhone 5 isn't gold like the 5C dammit.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by TheChaz

It's $99 bucks and TS didn't sound like he needed the best thing in the world.

And iPhone 5C is iPhone 5 with a plastic back.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Oct 23, 2013,

My dad used to joke about getting me this when I was in the 7th grade
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by TheChaz

?

My mom got hers for under $200 with a really good contract. 5S on the same contract was like $700 or something
cat