Hello everyone,

I am in a hardcore/metal band, and we are trying to use backing tracks, or in-song samples, while playing live shows.

Please don't comment on here if you are going to tell me not to use an ipod and to get pro tools or ableton. I'm using garageband with the click and samples panned on either side, and I'm using a headphone splitter cable. This is the only thing I want advice on. If there's another CHEAP AND EASY way, please enlighten me. But I'm not spending a bunch of money on pro tools or something.

So I am using garageband to pan the tracks, and I have a headphone splitter cable. I plugged everything in, and it isn't panning right. The samples come out of the PA system fine, and the click plays in the headphones fine, but you can hear the click in the PA just barely. Its not loud, but its loud enough to concern me. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a special kind of cable you need? How do I make this work?

Thanks everyone
Last edited by codywatkins91 at Oct 23, 2013,
I found that older ipods don't fully split the signal for some reason. but I use HOSA 3.5mm TRS to Dual 1/4" TS Stereo Breakout cables into a cheap head phone amp (Live Wire HA04 4-Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier) to the drummer so he can control the volume of his ears. Then the other cable goes straight into a DI to FOH

edit: you might need to get a 1/4th inch male(mono) to 3.5mm female(stereo) adapter if the click only plays through one ear.
Last edited by CrazyTy at Nov 6, 2013,