I know, I know I should just go buy some oil. But just for the fun of it, I have a rosewood fretboard what can I use to clean it and put some life back into it.
Quote by JustRooster
Just buy some lemon oil, dude.

LOL!
I read that coconut oil is grate for rosewood. I just slabbed some on, so far so good.
Clean it with a soft brush and a light solvent like Simple Green or naphtha (lighter fluid). Scrub it in and wipe it off. Don't leave any excess stuff on there.

To clarify, Lemon Oil if for conditioning the wood - not cleaning.
And even then, unless you live in the desert or something, you really only need to condition the fretboard once or twice a year when it starts getting rough and dried out.

The thing to remember (both with cleaning and conditioning) is to never leave any of that stuff on the board to soak in. Put it on, do what you gotta do, and then wipe it off.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I use Old English lemon oil and a soft bristled toothbrush. Wipe off the excess with a towel. cleans and conditions in one shot.
Quote by gui8tar
LOL!
I read that coconut oil is grate for rosewood. I just slabbed some on, so far so good.

Still good? I'm starting to think coconut oil is good for everything.

Quote by RobinTH
I just use a little bit of WD-40 on a rag and wipe. Been using it for almost 20 years with no side effects. Great stuff.

Doesn't the WD-40 make your neck and fingers stink? Or is my sarcasm detector off tonight?
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Last edited by UFC on VHS at Oct 25, 2013,
Quote by RobinTH
I just use a little bit of WD-40 on a rag and wipe. Been using it for almost 20 years with no side effects. Great stuff.

Yes yes!! I too have been doing this for ages and thought people would think I was a tightarsed freak... but it does a banging job on my LP