hey guys, so I haven't gotten my avatar cab yet cause lack of money but im thinking I have a blown speaker, whenever I play now it sounds kind of saggy, doesn't have the oomph it used to have, and it sounds kinda like its coming from the top left corner and not all over, it has gotten progressively worse and its starting to not sound as clear, I just changed my tubes in early september as well so I doubt its those. does this sound like a blown speaker?
Only two things ever really break on a speaker - the cone and the coil. The cone is obvious because you can see it and it manifests as distortion normally. The coil can be checked with a simple multimeter on resistance. It should read just a little less than the rated impedance. Just pull the back off the cab (or remove the speaker in question if it's front loaded) pull off the wires and measure across the speaker terminals.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
yeahhhhhhhhhh. no idea on how to do any of that..........would u say from how I described it, one of those things is wrong?
Could be. If no sound is coming from a speaker, coil. If one speaker sounds shit - cone.
Put your ear near the speakers and try to identify if one is off.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Cath, if he has a tube head and an altered load, couldn't that damage the OT?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yeah but you'd have to be pretty unlucky, especially as it sounds like a 4x12. If it was gonna break anything it already would have too. They normally just stop working when they go. It takes an improbable combination of events to damage an OT without killing it completely.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I have no idea what you guys are saying I fail at gear things. but it sounds like shit, so must be the cone
Quote by Cathbard
Yeah but you'd have to be pretty unlucky, especially as it sounds like a 4x12. If it was gonna break anything it already would have too. They normally just stop working when they go. It takes an improbable combination of events to damage an OT without killing it completely.

Thanks, always good to learn something.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/