So right now I currently own an American Standard Stratocaster (2012). It's my first electric guitar and I have to say it's a damn fine instrument! I sure a lot of you agree? I have been playing acoustic guitar for roughly 3-4 years and now it's been almost 2 years playing electric. I have so many questions and stuff to ask but most it relates to gear and what should be invested in over the coming years. I am desiring a '72 Custom Tele next or possibly a '52 Vintage Tele or a '64 Vintage model tele. I was always a metal guy but I love Fender for the quality and classic looks, that's why I love the vintage models so much. My genres and bands include a ton of Metallica, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Joe Satriani, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Steve Vai, The Police, Beatles, Deep Purple, Hendrix, Van Halen, Knopfler, Clapton etc. list goes on forever.

I also have a huge involvement within my local metal scene which associates with bands like Being As An Ocean, La Dispute and post-hardcore/metalcore sounding stuff, which is usually Drop C played on tele's which is a rather weird observation for me personally. So that gives a small background of what I like playing and the genres I associate with, I am sort of planning to have 3-4 guitars (electric) in my possession eventually, one dedicated to Drop C tuning and the others well, I'm not sure yet, possibly an all rounder, recording etc. I'll figure it out! But my main question involves gear, I am planning to save up around 2-3k and spend it on some quality gear.

Anyway the gear I currently own is:

Amp: Marshall 100w MGFX (Solid State)
Guitar: American Standard Stratocaster (2011) (Stock pickups)
Pedals/Effects: Boss NS-2, Boss CS-3, MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion , Dunlop KH95 Kirk Hammett Signature Wah Wah and an Electro-Harmonix Small Clone.

At the moment I'm sort of feeling like an amp would be a better decision than another electric, even though I'm burning inside to get my hands on a beautiful tele or something different to my Strat. The amps that I am most interested in include the Vox AC30's, Marshall JCM800 Lead Series, Marshall 1959 Plexi, Mesa Dual Rectifier and possibly a Fender amp even? But I want to go from a solid state up to tube/valve for some quality tones and sound. (I can get some very nice tone from my SS amp though, so don't hate on me, sounding great is an important thing!) Plus I plan on getting a pedal board together soon and purchasing some more effects in the future, making sure not to go overboard though, I plan t only have 8-12 effects on my board once done! Anyway any tips advice and reviews and opinions on gear you have, tried, loved, owned etc. give me some feedback!
Thanks for the reply dude. Umm, well I'm thinking budget wise around $1000-2500 possibly at the most so $1500-2000 would be nice. I'm in Australia unfortunately, everything is quite expensive over here! :/ And I do agree with you amp is probably the most sensible decision I think?