If anyone takes requests I have one! "Round & Round" by Edgar Winter Group. I have looked everywhere & I'm not good enough to figure it out myself. How does this work?
Thanks,
Steve
We got guys who take requests, but they live in this forum;

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10

But in the meantime, why not try figure it out for yourself?
Just listened to the track on Youtube and it doesn't seem hard, the bass guitar part is pretty easy to pick out and seems to mainly follow the root notes of the chords, so that's a good guide.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I wouldn't know where to start. I haven't been playing mandolin for very long. I can play harmonica by ear or sheet music, but I haven't been able to do it yet w/mandolin.
We start with finding out what the key is
and with this being a southern rock kinda song, you first check if it's in G major
'lo and behold, it's in G major

a little bit of experience or diatonic harmony will tell you that the chords you're most likely to find in a song in the key of G major are G, Am, Bm, C, D, Em and F#m (or diminished if you'd like to be fancy)
you know how to play all of those chords, yeah? Stum them through, then try along with the song to see what happens

So you have that four bar intro which is just a G chord
(if you want to be interesting here, alternate between a G and Gsus4)

then there's the verse starts on an E minor chord (the relative minor of G)
which goes;

|Em / | D / | C / | G / |
|Am / | G / | C / | D / |
(try riffing on Dsus4 here)

that happens twice and then the chorus comes

the chorus starts with a G
it's more upbeat so they've replaced most of the minor chords with major ones, but other than that it's pretty similar

|G / | D / | C / | G / |
|C / | G / | Am / | D / |
|G / | D / | C / | G / |
|C / | G / | D* / | G / |
(*try stuff like D7 or Dsus4 here)

bonus bar of G aaw yeah!; |G / |

and my goodness there's another verse
then a chorus

cue the middle-eight which has sixteen bars but 'middle-sixteen' isn't nearly as catchy
same chords as the verse, keeping it simple

chorus twice more, with gusto, add harmonies, layer lap-steel guitars, crescendo all up in this shit, end on a G chord
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Thanks for the tip(s) & more. I live in a town about 400, & can't find anyone to play with. Burlington, Iowa is about 15min away about 26k+. I have looked on Craig's List & Meet-ups & there isn't anyone for over 50mi. I can't afford lessons. I play often, & then several hours, but I think I'm at a point that I that I can't get much better unless I have some to jam with. I know a little theory, but I could know a lot more.
Again, thanks.
Steve
Hey need some help/advise as to what I think! Buddy Holly's song "Peggy Sue". The guitar solo, is just chords?
I am looking for chords to Mason Proffit's song, "Till the Sun's Gone." I've done searches w/no luck. I play mandolin, but, I have trouble figuring out chords. Anyone interested in helping me w/this?
Thanks!
Steve