Hi I'm newbie here and I bought acoustic guitar but don't know what strings are good. Someone can help me? Thanks
Quote by bencore
First we need to know if its a nylon or a steel guitar

I think it might be made of wood.
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
I recommend Elixir strings. They last forever and if you get them with the poly/nanoweb coating they are slick and beautifully playable. They are the jams. They stay crisp forever and sound lovely. I put a new set on my acoustic about a month ago and they still sound perfect where as the DR ones i had before that only lasted maybe 2 months before becoming rough, dirty and terrible sounding. However, if you've got nylon I'm of no help to you.
~My Gear~
68 Sunn Sorado
Acoustic 4x12
89 Epiphone LP Honeyburst
Boss ME-70

Fender Dreadnought Acoustic
Ibanez RG350DX
Blackstar HT-5R
Orange CR35LDX
Vox Tonelab ST
D-Addario Phosphour Bronze, they come in three packs at guitar center, are encased in very corrosion resistant packaging material (I live in a pretty humid area and have had problems with strings rusting in the package, which is funny because I never have a problem with my strings rusting on the guitar.) I havent bought acoustic strings in a while because of this. And they sound very good.
http://www.daddario.com/DADProductsAcoustic.Page?ActiveID=1904
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
On the front page there is a sticky " Master information Thread" Go look in there, heaps of info on strings.
Every one has a different opinion on strings.

I choose Elixers 11s even though they are extremely expensive in my country, but they keep tone and last. Cheers