I'm currently looking at 2 esp guitars an ESP MH-1000NT and an ESP H-1001. Both are around the same price but the 1001NT comes with a case.

Any suggestions/recommendations for which I should go for?
Gibson SG
Ibanez K-7
Vintage (V99 or V100 not sure which!)
Crafter FX-550EQ

Korg Pitchblack
Boss DS-1
Digitech Bad Monkey
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
Line 6 HD500
They are pretty much the same body and neck profile. The H has a 3x3 headstock and FR while the MH has a 6 in a row and a tune-o-matic bridge
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The H-1001 has no FR. The only real difference that I can see is that the H-1001 has EMGs and the MH-1001NT has Seymour Duncans.
Gibson SG
Ibanez K-7
Crafter FX-550EQ

Korg Pitchblack
Boss DS-1
Digitech Bad Monkey
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
Line 6 HD500
The headstock is different between guitars (MH has tuning pegs on one side) and the other thing like you mentioned are pickups. I would say H1001 is more suited for heavy music, i have it you can ask me what you want to know.
I'd go for MH-100NT. I don't think there is an huge difference between two but i prefer Duncans over EMGs and the headstock looks better to me. Plus TOM bridges always worked for me. It's up to you though.
MH-1000NT is more versatile. Has a 5 way switch with its JB and '59 pickups. This means you'll have some extra pickup tone options, probably coil splitting. Oh and if it comes with a case for the same price as the other which doesn't have a case, it's a no brainer. 1001NT all the way.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Last edited by Lavatain at Oct 24, 2013,
In other words if you are not playing only heavy music or you are not playing in a band that plays heavy music, go for MH otherwise go for H.
Thanks for all of the information so far, I'm still not sure which one to go for though!
Gibson SG
Ibanez K-7
Crafter FX-550EQ

Korg Pitchblack
Boss DS-1
Digitech Bad Monkey
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
Line 6 HD500
Quote by Obsolete80
Thanks for all of the information so far, I'm still not sure which one to go for though!

Then go for resale value. You never know that you might need to sell it to pay some bills later on in life. I'd bet you can sell the MH for more as it comes with a hardcase.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
The NT versions of H models have a much larger cutaway on the back than MH models. The cutaway on my H-301 is massive, and it unfortunately makes any other guitar seem kind of lackluster to hold in comparison.

Regardless, I'd instantly choose the H in your case. Free case = huge bonus.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I finally decided on the MH-1000NT... I'm picking it up in a few days
Gibson SG