Okay! So yesterday I posted about how much I wanted a rockerverb but couldn't ever afford one. Well, I was surfing the web and found the orange crush pro series. These are complete solid state amps made by orange modeled after the rockerverb. The 1x12 60 watt version is just perfectly in my price range.
My problem is as follows. I am currently playing the vox vt 80+ and it's definitely loud enough for my gigging purposes. How ever the 60 watt 1x12 crush... Well I have no clue if it will be, around here (West Virginia) good venues with a good PA are anything but easy to come by. Will this amp be able to stand up to others? I've always been a fan of the "Less is More" Watt debate, but this is solid state we're talking about.

ALSO! These things sound amazing! not exact rockerverb tone, but so close! and at a fourth of the price!
Quote by ColeFleming
My problem is as follows. I am currently playing the vox vt 80+ and it's definitely loud enough for my gigging purposes. How ever the 60 watt 1x12 crush... Well I have no clue if it will be, around here (West Virginia) good venues with a good PA are anything but easy to come by. Will this amp be able to stand up to others?

Solid state amps can get crazy loud if they’re designed to. 100,000 watt PA systems ain’t running on tubes. If Orange says these amps are made for performing, they’ll be loud.

Quote by ColeFleming
ALSO! These things sound amazing! not exact rockerverb tone, but so close! and at a fourth of the price!

Orange amps have always had tones similar to transistor based amps anyway. For most people the whole point of Orange amps is to get a fuzzy tone, so no need for tubes. Just don’t expect to drop a tube screamer in front of it and start playing teh br00tz.
Quote by ColeFleming

Nice try, Mr. Cooper.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by jpnyc
Solid state amps can get crazy loud if they’re designed to. 100,000 watt PA systems ain’t running on tubes. If Orange says these amps are made for performing, they’ll be loud.

Orange amps have always had tones similar to transistor based amps anyway. For most people the whole point of Orange amps is to get a fuzzy tone, so no need for tubes. Just don’t expect to drop a tube screamer in front of it and start playing teh br00tz.

No worries!!! The gain channel will be way more than enough for me! And the only thing I'll do is throw on some delay and maybe an OD over the clean channel
I've never tried the Pro series, but I thought the original Crush amps sounds liked pieces of crap. I'd just keep your Vox, those amps are decent sounding, and I feel like you'd just be taking a side-step in tone, rather than actually improving it

Quote by jpnyc

Meh, maybe if you're into the doom/sludge tone. Lots of people use Orange amps for that cranked tube tone, and the Rockerverb series is totally different from any of them, definitely not transistor-like at all.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com