So I'm thinking of buying my first electric and an amplifier : Yamaha Pacifica 112F or Pacifica 112V and a Marshall MG15CFR amp. What do you guys think of these?

My budget is around 350 - 400 euros.

I listen to stuff like RHCP, AC/DC, Linkin Park, Green Day, Katy Perry , and some Guns 'n' Roses.

I've been playing around a little more than a year with an acoustic(I go to music school).

My guitar is Yamaha F370.

Any recommendations or tips for starters? Maybe other guitars or amps or anything else to add?

Thanks a lot
The Pacifica is a good guitar to start with. A Squier Classic Vibe Strat is another good choice, or a Mexican Fender Tele or Strat.

The amp choice is poor. The Marshall badge does not equal automatic quality anymore, and these solid state specimens shouldn't be bought by anyone.

You should be aiming for a tube amp like a Fender Blues Junior but if your budget is strict then a good modelling amp would be a good step forward.

The Vox Valvetronix and Fender Mustang series are quite good and will sound much better than those Marshall abominations.
^ modelling might be better for that range of tones on a budget. other than that, agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?