Page 1 of 2
What is the Best Brand Volume I

Okay then; simple, ten foods, what are the best brand products of each of these foods. If this has anyway success (which it probably won't) we can do volumes, two and three and so on. And maybe even later add polls with the favorites to have a definitive winner for each category.

For the thicker of the lot an example, hmmm okay:

Cereal - Golden Grahams

See simple.

Okay we will start with Ten (just copy/paste your answers in your response)

1. Peanut Butter -

2. Maple Syrup -

3. Ketchup -

4. Cola - (the dark shit, Pepsi, Coke etc., we will get to citrus, etc later) -

5. Potato (not corn) Chips -

6. Applesauce

7. Chocolate Candy Bar -

8. Breakfast Cereal (cold) -

9. Mustard -

10. Mayo -

Here are mine

1. Peanut Butter - Peter Pan, I think for the most part with all these you really need a blind taste test

2. Maple Syrup - Mrs. Butterworth

3. Ketchup - Heinz

4. Cola - Coca Cola

5. Potato (not corn) Chips - Ruffles Sour Cream & Cheddar

6. Applesauce - Mott's, I guess, it's what I eat.

7. Chocolate Candy Bar - Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (it counts )

8. Breakfast Cereal (cold) - Golden Grahams

9. Mustard - Mustard sucks, always will. Fuck you mustard!

10. Mayo - Kraft, actually I may prefer the restaurant shit that comes in a like a five gallon bucket. I have no excuse.

There it is folks, enlighten me with your knowledge and your palette.

And give me some more/better categories. I actually struggled with ten.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
1. Peanut Butter - Don't eat it

2. Maple Syrup - Don't eat it

3. Ketchup - Heinz

4. Cola - Coca Cola

5. Potato (not corn) Chips - Walkers or Doritos

6. Applesauce Don't eat it

7. Chocolate Candy Bar - Moro or Snickers

8. Breakfast Cereal (cold) - Cheerios maybe

9. Mustard - Don't eat it

10. Mayo - Hellmanns
1. Peanut Butter - nothing is as good as making it yourself

2. Maple Syrup
- I'm British and what is this?

3. Ketchup - Heinz, anybody who says otherwise is drunk

4. Cola - Pepsi (ooh, controversial)

5. Potato Chips - Walkers (ok, "Lays")

6. Applesauce - people buy that? You know you can just make it from apples, right?

7. Chocolate Candy Bar - Snickers

8. Breakfast Cereal - they don't make it any more, but Dennis the Menace cereal (the British one, obvs)

9. Mustard - hell no

10. Mayo - OH HELL NO
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
1. Peanut Butter - Adam's

2. Maple Syrup - Don't eat

3. Ketchup - Heinz

4. Cola - Coke

5. Potato (not corn) Chips - Sun Chips (I don't even know if they're potato, but deal with it?)

6. Applesauce - Don't eat

7. Chocolate Candy Bar - Twix (frozen)

8. Breakfast Cereal (cold) - Reeses Puffs

9. Mustard - Grey Poupon

10. Mayo - Vomit
1. Peanut Butter - Jif

2. Maple Syrup - Don't much use it, but on the rare occasion that I do, Log Cabin

3. Ketchup - Heinz

4. Cola - (the dark shit, Pepsi, Coke etc., we will get to citrus, etc later) - Don't really drink soda. I mainline Monster like a mother****er though

5. Potato (not corn) Chips - Regular Lays

6. Applesauce - Used to eat Motts when I was a kid

7. Chocolate Candy Bar - BUTTERFINGERS Or a Clark Bar

8. Breakfast Cereal (cold) - Cheerios

9. Mustard - Grey Poupon Dijon

10. Mayo - Hellman's
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
WARNING: I am Dutch, you might not know the brands.

1. Peanut Butter - Calvé

2. Maple Syrup - I ain't no Canadian

3. Ketchup - Heinz

4. Cola - (the dark shit, Pepsi, Coke etc., we will get to citrus, etc later) - Coca-Cola

5. Potato (not corn) Chips - Pringles (the ******edly spicy ones, Wasabi or something alike)

6. Applesauce - Homemade appelmoes, yummy.

7. Chocolate Candy Bar - Verkade or Cote d'Or

8. Breakfast Cereal (cold) - Shreddies, been to the UK a few times, and those things are the best available to man.

9. Mustard - don't know the brand name

10. Mayo - Remia fritessaus.

HA! You probably won't know any of these brands, but that's bad luck for you.
Who the hell has time to make peanut butter, and applesauce? That's a complicated lunch.

And who the hell doesn't eat syrup?

And Doritos are corn chips.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
1. Peanut Butter - jif

3. Ketchup - heinz

6. Applesauce - all applesauce is good

8. Breakfast Cereal (cold) - kashi, but I don't really like cereal
Sail upon the open skies
There is going to be so much UK vs American stuff going on in here.
Last edited by Baby Joel at Oct 24, 2013,
Yeah, but your answer for anything should pretty much just be stroopwafels, cause that's the best part of the Netherlands.
Sorry for going heavily off-topic:

And hagelslag, and legal drugs, and Amsterdam, and hookers, and tulips, and windmills, and all that other shit. Of course, the Netherlands does not have other stuff to offer. A stupid discussion about Sinterklaas perhaps, but that's it. For me, the best part of the Netherlands is the fact that you are allowed to do anything without the government butt****ing you (screw you, NSA) or having religious nutjobs getting angry at you, or being shot in a high school. :P BTW, the thing I like most about the U.S.A (Just assuming that you're from there) is the beautiful hypocrisy and idiocracy of the G.O.P, your political system is very "interesting" (and needs some mental healthcare).

EDIT: Oh, you're from the UK. Never-****ing-mind my earlier statements.
1. Peanut Butter - JIF

2. Maple Syrup - Let a Canadian answer this, all I know is corn syrup

3. Ketchup - Heinz, anything else is god awful

4. Cola - (the dark shit, Pepsi, Coke etc., we will get to citrus, etc later) - Dr. Pepper

5. Potato (not corn) Chips - Cape Cod

6. Applesauce - Gross, but probably Mott's

7. Chocolate Candy Bar - Twix

8. Breakfast Cereal (cold) - Waffle Crisp

9. Mustard - ****ing disgusting

10. Mayo - Hellman's
Quote by LostLegion
Doritos are crisps

Doritos are chips.

Doritos is a brand of seasoned tortilla chips produced since 1964 by American food company Frito-Lay (a wholly owned subsidiary of PepsiCo, Inc.).[1][2]
Mustard-whatever is on sale, yellow or dijon.

I don't eat anything else from the list.

Edit to add: I did just buy a bag of trader joes potato chips, but my asshole renter ate them.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Last edited by ecvMatt at Oct 24, 2013,
1. Peanut Butter - Don't eat much anymore, but I think we used to get KP

2. Maple Syrup - Don't eat

3. Ketchup - Heinz

4. Cola - Coca Cola

5. Potato (not corn) Chips - Kettle Chips

6. Apple sauce - Don't eat it, but make it for my family.

7. Chocolate Candy Bar - Galaxy/Cadburys

8. Breakfast Cereal (cold) - Don't eat cereal

9. Mustard - Colmans powder

10. Mayo - Hellmans
1. Peanut Butter -Peter Pan i guess. creamy. none of that shit with peanuts tearing holes in my bread.

2. Maple Syrup -don't know the brand. just know that it's the real shit. if i have to use fake stuff, make it Aunt Jemima. that bitch is sexy.

3. Ketchup -Heinz. Hunt's. doesn't matter. it's ketchup. just don't let me catch you putting it on a hotdog.

4. Cola - - Coke. duh. or Dr. Pepper.

5. Potato (not corn) Chips - Dirty Chips are the greatest. Lay's are a decent standby though.

6. Applesauce Mott's. only one i can think of.

7. Chocolate Candy Bar - Kind probably. as far as chocolate goes i prefer the Ferrero things.

8. Breakfast Cereal (cold) -tie between Honey Bunches of Oats and Frosted Wheat/Mini Wheats.

9. Mustard -Grey Poupon

10. Mayo -it's mayo.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
And I thought I was going to be the only one here who didn't like mustard.
Quote by Baby Joel
Yeah, but your answer for anything should pretty much just be stroopwafels, cause that's the best part of the Netherlands.
**** yeah those are the best.

Also, who the hell eats Peter Pan peanut butter? Didn't a bunch of people get salmonella from that shit? Nasty. Just grind up some peanuts.
Russell > Katie > Stuart Baggs 'the
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by seanlang01
**** yeah those are the best.

Also, who the hell eats Peter Pan peanut butter? Didn't a bunch of people get salmonella from that shit? Nasty. Just grind up some peanuts.

never got salmonella from Peter Pan. it was more than just that brand though. pretty sure the contamination originated from the peanuts themselves and more than one brand was affected.

what's wrong with Peter Pan anyway?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
never got salmonella from Peter Pan. it was more than just that brand though. pretty sure the contamination originated from the peanuts themselves and more than one brand was affected.

what's wrong with Peter Pan anyway?
It tastes gross.
Quote by seanlang01
It tastes gross.

false.

it tastes like peanut butter.
1. Peanut Butter - i think its peter pan that is that all natural creamier pb

2. Maple Syrup - aunt jemima

3. Ketchup - heinz

4. Cola - pepsi

5. Potato (not corn) Chips - sweet mesquite barbecue pringles

6. Applesauce motts

7. Chocolate Candy Bar - 100 grand bar

8. Breakfast Cereal (cold) - honey bunches of oats

9. Mustard - guldens spicy brown

10. Mayo - hellmans
Last edited by soundgarden1986 at Oct 24, 2013,
Quote by aramdeara1
And hagelslag, and legal drugs, and Amsterdam, and hookers, and tulips, and windmills, and all that other shit. Of course, the Netherlands does not have other stuff to offer. A stupid discussion about Sinterklaas perhaps, but that's it. For me, the best part of the Netherlands is the fact that you are allowed to do anything without the government butt****ing you (screw you, NSA) or having religious nutjobs getting angry at you, or being shot in a high school. :P BTW, the thing I like most about the U.S.A (Just assuming that you're from there) is the beautiful hypocrisy and idiocracy of the G.O.P, your political system is very "interesting" (and needs some mental healthcare).

Looks like somebody's dike has a leak.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Peter Pan is too watery

Chips: Ruffles by so far
Chocolate candy bar: butterfinger
cereal: cocoa pebbles. Just Bunches if they still exist
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at Oct 24, 2013,
Warning, I am South African. May have different stuff down here

1. Peanut Butter - Black Cat

2. Maple Syrup - Damn it! We don't get proper maple down here. I've only had Mrs. Buttersworth so I guess I'll go with that

3. Ketchup - Wellingtons

4. Cola - (the dark shit, Pepsi, Coke etc., we will get to citrus, etc later) - Pepsi/Coke don't really care. But I also really like gingerbeer.

5. Potato (not corn) Chips - Screw you, Big Korn Bites and Doritos are amazing
Edit: oh wait - Pringles!

6. Applesauce - lolwut

7. Chocolate Candy Bar - Aero Orange

8. Breakfast Cereal (cold) - Don't really like cereal.

9. Mustard - Can't remember brands, but WHOLE GRAIN MUSTARD IS AMAZING!! I really don't care for that pasty yellow stuff anymore.

10. Mayo - Kraft or Miracle Whip or something.
Last edited by UnmagicMushroom at Oct 24, 2013,
1. Peanut Butter - I'm not sure I've ever even eaten it

2. Maple Syrup - Quebec's one

3. Ketchup - Heinz, why is this even a question

4. Cola - Coca Cola, Pepsi, whatever

5. Potato (not corn) Chips - San Carlo

6. Applesauce - Whatever

7. Chocolate Candy Bar - What? Like Twix?

8. Breakfast Cereal (cold) - I don't really eat 'em

9. Mustard - French's

10. Mayo - Calvè
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by soundgarden1986

8. Breakfast Cereal (cold) - honey bunches of oats

Honey Bunches of Oats is pretty damn good, though I think I prefer the blend with added almonds.

I rarely eat cereal, and when I do, it's a snack like you would with potato chips, no milk, just a box on the couch with some TV.

Damn now I'm in the mood for some Honey Bunches of Oats

_______

At least most folks here agree that about Coca-Cola, and Heinz. I think Pepsi is actually bigger in the U.S., but Coke is bigger worldwide.
i thought almonds came in the normal variety i never bothered reading past "honey bunches"

personally, i think coke tastes flat all the time. pepsi seems sweeter and more carbonated
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Peter Pan is too watery

also false

Peter Pan is full of happy thoughts and children who never age.
Quote by soundgarden1986
i thought almonds came in the normal variety i never bothered reading past "honey bunches"

personally, i think coke tastes flat all the time. pepsi seems sweeter and more carbonated

Nah, there's like three or four different blends.

As far as Coke/Pepsi I agree with half your statement. Pepsi is sweeter, but I think Coca-Cola is more carbonated.
Typical americans stuffing themselves with all sorts of maple syrup
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
1. Peanut Butter: Reeses

2. Maple Syrup

3. Ketchup

4. Cola: Pepsi

5. Potato Chips: Utz Bbq

6. Applesauce

7. Chocolate Candy Bar: Milkyway Midnight

8. Breakfast Cereal: Honey Bunches Of Oats

9. Mustard -

10. Mayo: Kraft

*crossed out stuff I don't eat*

EDIT: Nobody else gets Reeses peanut butter?
Last edited by Thrill-house at Oct 24, 2013,
Quote by steve_muse
Typical americans stuffing themselves with all sorts of maple syrup

What else do you put on your spaghetti?
Quote by aramdeara1
Sorry for going heavily off-topic:

wtf where did this eve come from I was not expecting that at all.

EDIT: Oh, you're from the UK. Never-****ing-mind my earlier statements.

Or am I?
3. Ketchup: Heinz

4. Cola: Coke

5. Potato Chips: Doritos

7. Chocolate Candy Bar: Wispa

8. Breakfast Cereal: Weetabix

10. Mayo: Hellman's
signature
Page 1 of 2