Poll: Cannibalism?
Poll Options
View poll results: Cannibalism?
Eat it
32 52%
Don't eat it
29 48%
Voters: 61.
If you were in no danger of starvation or under any sort of threat, would you be willing to try human meat?

Let's say that a person died a natural death and lived a healthy lifestyle so they were disease free and relatively "pollutant" free. This person has requested that, in death, their body be prepared by a chef(properly cooked) and served to strangers who were willing to partake. Would you do it for the experience, or would you avoid the taboo?
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
No cuz their family probably wouldn't be cool with it even if he/she was.
Check out my band Disturbed
We had this exact same thread a year or two ago. Almost word for word.

So probably
ayy lmao
Quote by chookiecookie
We had this exact same thread a year or two ago. Almost word for word.

So probably

I probably should have used the search feature, but the idea arose from the "hide the body" thread. Oh well, no harm in a recap of who's willing to eat people.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
No because I wouldn't know how to cook it and I'll get sick and die anyways.
Thanks Obama.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
No because I wouldn't know how to cook it and I'll get sick and die anyways.
Thanks Obama.

Nah, I said it would be correctly prepared in the OP.

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
people dont already do that?
Quote by HypernovaGlow
Nah, I said it would be correctly prepared in the OP.
Oh.I didn't read that because I got lazy.

Thanks Obama.

My answer is still no either way. I'm no animal.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
ya

because why the hell not
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Mr E Meat
people dont already do that?

I was asking if you, personally, would under the circumstances provided.

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
i don't even like meat all that much, so no.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Three words for you:

Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
Quote by DoAndroidsDream
Three words for you:

Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy.
This. But if I was gonna die? Wouldn't happen, there's pretty much always some other critter you can eat.
Read the OP, or the other posts in which I've stated that the risk of diseases from the meat is nonexistent due to the method of preparation.

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
Quote by HypernovaGlow
Read the OP, or the other posts in which I've stated that the risk of diseases from the meat is nonexistent due to the method of preparation.
Prion disease is a result of weird proteins, apparently especially if they're the same kind in your own brain. In other words it's a result of cannibalism, has nothing to do with preparation. Probably best bet is to avoid brains and muscle tissue. Just try to eat organs? I dunno. I'd have to be damn near death.
nah

^also that
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by seanlang01
Prion disease is a result of weird proteins, apparently especially if they're the same kind in your own brain. In other words it's a result of cannibalism, has nothing to do with preparation. Probably best bet is to avoid brains and muscle tissue. Just try to eat organs? I dunno. I'd have to be damn near death.

^ this.

Also, remember the family with the shaking hands in Book Of Eli? They were cannibals. That much protein from an animal the same species as you are causes all sorts of whacked out shit.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
This is a completely hypothetical situation wherein the circumstances are completely fictional.

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
Last edited by HypernovaGlow at Oct 24, 2013,
I already have several people willing me their flesh for this very purpose.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Totally would give it a try. If the guy is already dead and not infected(?), why not? Just for the experience and to see, that it really taste like chicken.
With in vitro meat, I'd definitely try it. Ethically speaking, cultured human meat would be much more justifiable than factory farmed meat.
I'd do it.
They say when you talk to God it's prayer, but when God talks to you it's schizophrenia.
I'd have no ethical problems with eating human flesh, if the person died as you described.
Provided, of course, that it isn't so bad I'd puke.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
She say otherwise.
Attachments:
images.jpg
They say when you talk to God it's prayer, but when God talks to you it's schizophrenia.
I don't think so. It's quite ****ed up, and it would have to be a life or death situation, and even then, it would depend on who it was, like, if it was my brother or best friend, i couldn't do it. Then again, it might be different if i was actually in that situation, and it would be more practical than just letting the body rot and dying of starvation.

Also, isn't there some kind of disease you could get from consuming human blood? I would imagine it would be from having a large intake, and only if it was raw, but still, i wouldn't want to risk it.

EDIT: Strike that last paragraph, someone already answered it. I think the disease is similar in nature to mad cow disease (BSE) that was caused by farmers putting dead cow into the food for the live ones.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Oct 25, 2013,
Prions. Google them.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Oct 25, 2013,
don't want no ****in prion disease
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls