I just recently bought the POD HD-500 2 days ago and I'm really enjoying it so far.

In order to ensure that I can keep enjoying it, I've decided to purchase a hardcase for it. I don't really care if I have to take the pedal board out of the case to use it, but it's always nice if I don't have to.

Can anyone recommend a brand or certain case that would fit this description? I'm also looking for something relatively cheap (not looking to spend too much over $100).
If you're in the US, Rondo Music sells some dirt cheap pedal cases. Shipping is a lot (like $20), but it still comes out a fair bit cheaper than a Pedaltrain or something.

I have a CNB PDC-410H, been using it for a few months and it's held up so far. For just a single unit like the HD500, you shouldn't have any problem.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Oct 24, 2013,
The line 6 soft case is plenty unless you slam your stuff around
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Offworld92
If you're in the US, Rondo Music sells some dirt cheap pedal cases. Shipping is a lot (like $20), but it still comes out a fair bit cheaper than a Pedaltrain or something.

I have a CNB PDC-410H, been using it for a few months and it's held up so far. For just a single unit like the HD500, you shouldn't have any problem.

I've seen the rondo cases. Can you just lift the lid and play? Or are they strictly transportation?
Plywood, jigsaw, screws, sandpaper, hinges, foam, some sort of locking mechanism.

Building shit is fun
Quote by rollertoaster
Plywood, jigsaw, screws, sandpaper, hinges, foam, some sort of locking mechanism.

Building shit is fun

I'm interested in the idea, but I'm not a DIY kind of guy I guess
Quote by user943
I've seen the rondo cases. Can you just lift the lid and play? Or are they strictly transportation?

Yes, that's how I use it. The material on the inside is like the soft side of velcro.

The lid is the part the pedals go on, the case with depth is the part that comes off the top. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to actually stomp on them. But you can use it either way I think.

There is no actual board that goes in it, the lid acts as the board. If that makes sense.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I think I get it. I can always add / remove padding material as I see fit I suppose.
Quote by user943
Do you think one would work alright?

http://www.rondomusic.com/pdc410dmsbk.html

Yes it should be a snug and perfect fit.

POD HD500/X: Height 2.91" Width 21.50" Depth 10.29"

Maximum interior size: 22" x 12 1/2" x 3 1/2"

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Take it to Wal-Mart and find a gun case it will fit in. Wal-Mart sells gun cases cheap, and they’re often the same cases that electronics suppliers sell with different foam inserts for huge markups. You may need to cut up some of the foam inside to make it work, but that’s easy to do with scissors or a styrene cutter (cheap at a craft store).
Quote by jpnyc
Take it to Wal-Mart and find a gun case it will fit in. Wal-Mart sells gun cases cheap, and they’re often the same cases that electronics suppliers sell with different foam inserts for huge markups. You may need to cut up some of the foam inside to make it work, but that’s easy to do with scissors or a styrene cutter (cheap at a craft store).

That's actually a great idea, thanks!

I just tried to order the rondo case, and it's $35 on the site, but comes up to nearly $90 with shipping... Such a bummer...

I'll try the gun thing out, see if I can get something that fits