I am new to playing guitar. I have been playing for about a year but only 3 or 4 months of actually practicing with any regularity. I am starting to get more comfortable with getting to different chords. I am struggling with keeping my right hand strumming. I stop between chord changes and am having trouble breaking the habit. Is thousands common problem with someone at my skill level.
Just strum through the chord change. It takes some people longer than others to get the hang of it.

Your left hand and one foot should be doing most of the "thinking".

You may be having trouble because you don't have the finger positions down for the chords by rote, and that's why you're having problems.

The quickest way to get this down is to get a book on chords that has drills included, and just do a simple 4/4 strum as you learn the changes. Oh yeah, and practice the shit out of it.
Quote by Captaincranky
Oh yeah, and practice the shit out of it.

yeah, what he said.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
I'd say that's common when starting. Take two chords and practice switching back and forth, sloooow. Until you can slowly strum through those changes.

Gradually build up speed, and start throwing in different chords until it becomes second nature. It might take days, weeks, maybe months, but it will come with practice and focus.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker