Guys guys have you heard of this band that some people don't like but some people do called protest the hero?

i thought I'd make this amazing thread on a band that some people don't find that special.

It's not a hate thread tho, it's just a thread...

I love making threads don't you know.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
neat

Quote by StewieSwan
The new album is good. The last one wasn't. Good evening.

The last was very meh to me. So this is good to hear.

I'm not one of those people that shit's on every other kind of band like this but then claims there's something special and different about this one. They write decent riffs and have a cool vocalist. But they aren't genius songwriters or something.
I am not a fan of their music.

They get a dickton of praise on this site because everyone here loves metal.

This makes me dislike them more.

You made this thread. In the Pit.

This makes me dislike them even more.
Not a fan. Too much chug-chug didley dee-dee in drop D and C followed by very predictable, lackluster guitar solos that don't offer anything inspirational, for me, at least. Sorry that's just how I feel. They're not terrible or anything. Just a predictable bore.
Quote by Dimarzio45
Not a fan. Too much chug-chug didley dee-dee in drop D and C followed by very predictable, lackluster guitar solos that don't offer anything inspirational, for me, at least. Sorry that's just how I feel. They're not terrible or anything. Just a predictable bore.

They don't play in drop tunings and they don't frequently have guitar solos.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Dimarzio45

It's funny because they don't chug, play in drop-anything, or have guitar solos. It's almost as if you're criticizing a band you haven't even really listened to.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Dimarzio45

Pretty sure you are trolling but even if you do dislike PTH I fail to see how you can call them predictable.
Has no one realised the utter sarcasm of this non-thread?

It was a response to another thread which I felt was just pointless so I made another pointless thread.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Crofty89

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by Random3
Pretty sure you are trolling but even if you do dislike PTH I fail to see how you can call them predictable.

As a fan of them. They are predictable. It's not a bad thing, but it's true
Like I said in the short-lived thread this was based on, PTH is like Dream Theater minus most of the reasons I don't like them. And somehow I still can't be bothered to listen to them. Take that as you will. (Disclaimer: I cannot be held liable for buttoppression resulting from taking that in the wrong orifice.)
Quote by Random3

They're predictable in that every song is intolerable shite
The only thing worse than that band are it's tasteless fans.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by Wormholes
As a fan of them. They are predictable. It's not a bad thing, but it's true

I would argue that one of their defining factors is that you never know where their songs will go, they progress in a very interesting and unique way.
Quote by TunerAddict
The only thing worse than that band are it's tasteless fans.

Worse yet are people who insert needless apostrophes into their posts.
Check out my band Disturbed
FTFY

Quote by StewieSwan
Worse yet are people who insert GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT apostrophes into their posts.

God those people annoy me.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Crofty89

Quote by ProgFripp74
Has no one realised the utter sarcasm of this non-thread?

It was a response to another thread which I felt was just pointless so I made another pointless thread.

It wasn't a very big thread and the TS has deleted it I think.
Quote by archangels
I am not a fan of their music.

They get a dickton of praise on this site because everyone here loves metal.

This makes me dislike them more.

You made this thread. In the Pit.

This makes me dislike them even more.

I can tell you haven't been here in a while.
Quote by Malchius
It wasn't a very big thread and the TS has deleted it I think.

I felt that that thread was so bad a comment didn't do it justice.

So I made a thread purely on that thread. The intention was to make a crap thread so other people stop making crap threads.

See my logic?
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Crofty89

Quote by ProgFripp74
I felt that that thread was so bad a comment didn't do it justice.

So I made a thread purely on that thread. The intention was to make a crap thread so other people stop making crap threads.

See my logic?

Is that what Philip_Pepper is trying to do to?
Am I like the only person in existence who thinks they're complete shit?

I've heard a good sample of their songs, they remind me essentially of another band Andromeda but less cheesy with no synths and shit and with a wider-ranged vocalist:

Though they highlight all the negative aspects with Andromeda, mostly being that both bands tend to force "complexity" like a dehydrated person struggling to force out a shit. While constipated.

So many unnessacary instances of obscure time signatures that just sound so beyond retarded. Like it's supposed to somehow "expand" your shitty predictable riff with limited note choice. It doesn't.
Is it weird that I take pride in liking things Ian hates. Like, I think it makes me a more functioning human being since he is such a pathetically useless pile of shitstained fur
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Did you, seriously, make a mirror thread out of a tiny thread from a different sub-forum?

Oh, and I also thought that PTH played some Kezia songs in Drop Db? Divinity Within, specifically.

Also; everything after Kezia is shit.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Did you, seriously, make a mirror thread out of a tiny thread from a different sub-forum?

Oh, and I also thought that PTH played some Kezia songs in Drop Db? Divinity Within, specifically.

Also; everything after Kezia is shit.

Last I was aware everything they played was in Eb Standard?

Also HAHAHA @ Ian.

The band you posted is bad, and has so little in comparison with Protest.
Tl;dr: everyone is a bell end
Last edited by Spaztikko at Oct 24, 2013,
Oh look, Ian is being a tool again
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing