so i was out and about on my day off and decided to stop by my local music shop to chat with my buddy. well a long story short i ended up walking out with a new toy.....

a new cab!!!! so long heavy 4x12 cabs and my crappy beat up old carvin 2x12!!! i picked up a blackstar ht venue series 2x12. wooo!!!

review thingy:

overall so far its pretty nice. pretty light. the construction is almost flawless the speaker cloth is not pulled tight enough u can notice it in the pictures. its loaded with celestion 70/80's (which i kinda have taken a liking to) and its a semi closed back. the best part is i only paid $268 and its brand new. not too shabby!!!

]

i also picked up a new skb powered board from a buddy! and my wah barely fits but its alright.

lastly i ditched the Memory Toy i picked up a few months ago. i just couldnt get a decent delay out of it. it was way to touchy and noisy. so i traded that in at GC and put the green i got from it towards a TC Electronics Transition.

review:

this is a great pedal! its got so many options to it. first of all its one of those tc electronics tone prints that you can plug into your computer to save and edit or download new sounds. pretty neat. but i dont use it like that, heck any sound u could ever want u can make on the pedal.

here is a list of the functions:
5 different styles of echo and delay such as duct to fat and my fav morf. 3 reverb/echos and a looper. i dont know how long the loop is but its a pretty nice addition to the pedal. it also has a small 3 way selector to modify your repeats by 1,2, or 3. awesome pedal bought it for 90 bucks

so yeah its been a decent month for gear up next is a new guitar or bass
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Nice grab, it does look sharp.

I will say I think you are a bit crazy liking 70/80s

I can't say much though I didn't mind my Rocket 50s when I had them, they get just as much trash talked about them. Even so, the peavey really warms up with a good speaker, I loved mine with most any eminence.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by gregs1020
you realize it's not all tube right?

You mean the baffles? I heard that too.

Quote by dementiacaptain
I will say I think you are a bit crazy liking 70/80s

I thought you were referring to music genres at first

HNGD iheartgun
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You mean the baffles? I heard that too.

I thought you were referring to music genres at first

HNGD iheartgun

Yeah not sure why I thought that looked right
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by gregs1020
you realize it's not all tube right?

yeah i know sadly now with the addition of the blackstar the peavey downgraded itself to a hybrid amp

i know i might catch some flack for not minding 70/80 speakers
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

what was wrong with the carvin just curious? generally their stuff is more than acceptable
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by iheartgun
yeah i know sadly now with the addition of the blackstar the peavey downgraded itself to a hybrid amp

Who cares if you like them and other people dont. Opinions are just opinions and internet has no shortage of them, all of them are different and opposing each other day by day. You build your own sound with parts you like and thats the important part. Happy new gear day!

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
i like them because they have what seems to be a flat sound which makes me work a little more to make what i hear in my head come through.

im not worried about what others think either but thanks!
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by iheartgun

I lost it at that sentence

Enjoy the new toys good sir
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
glad u got a chuckle out of it lol

thanks i am!!!
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

they arent as bad as they are made out to be. not the most sought after but they can take a beating. thanks !
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

Quote by Carrot
I lost it at that sentence

Enjoy the new toys good sir

+311
HNGD! Some very nice stuff! It seems everyone's having NGDs this week
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.