Hey guys --

I've been trying to sell my Epiphone Les Paul studio for quite some time now, and it's just not looking good. I believe my price is fair, but even on Ebay it doesn't sell.

The reason I'm selling it is that I've discovered since getting my Schecter V that Les Pauls really aren't a good fit for me. With my V, for the first time ever, I've learned to play sitting down in the classical position. I always played standing up before, and still do quite often. It took me 14+ years of playing Les Pauls to learn that other guitars just feel and play better to me. Even standing, there's something about the neck angle that doesn't feel nearly as good as my V. I can't play a Les Paul while sitting down at all -- I can't play like most people who rest the guitar on their right leg/neck parallel to the ground. So maybe I'm limited to Vs unless some other designs are more comfortable in the classical position.

So I was thinking that if I don't sell the LP, maybe I could trade it for something else in the same quality range. Naturally, I'd go for another V-style in a heartbeat, but it has to have passive circuitry this time. Whatever guitar I get, I'd be installing my Dimarzio D-Sonic in the bridge.

I've been thinking maybe a super-strat type of guitar. One of my students has an LTD low-end Strat-style guitar that plays pretty nicely. I just don't even know what to look at that I could possibly trade for my LP. I'd prefer to have good build-quality over features, because as I mentioned, I'd be able to add my nice pickup to the bridge. I'd also prefer a hardtail. My Schecter has a Floyd which I blocked. I don't need them. A middle single-coil might be nice to play around with. I've also had Strats before and wouldn't rule one of those out. However, I'm thinking LTD or Ibanez might make me happier.

I play metal (all kinds). This guitar would probably be tuned to D Standard or Eb Standard. I know I'm not going to be able to get anything super-nice, but I could upgrade easily enough. I'm just GASing for something new to play with until I can afford the new cab I want. Thanks for any suggestions!
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Last edited by KailM at Oct 25, 2013,
What kind of budget are you working with?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
What kind of budget are you working with?

Well, I'd guess my guitar w/ hard case is probably worth $250 toward a trade. So I wouldn't be able to get anything super nice, but something in the same ballpark quality-wise would be nice.
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
So, guitar in trade @$250 + _____ cash?

I ask because I don't really involve myself in the trade economy. I just buy guitars.

Were I looking for a hardtail V, I'd be looking at the Reverend Volcano or the DBZ Cavallo. Maybe a Fernandes V-Hawk or Vortex. Don't know how much those run in the used market, though.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Oct 25, 2013,
Quote by KailM
Well, I'd guess my guitar w/ hard case is probably worth $250 toward a trade. So I wouldn't be able to get anything super nice, but something in the same ballpark quality-wise would be nice.

not likely for a epi lp studio they go for $300 new. go to GC (r whatever you have) check the used section and try whatever you can in a reasonable price range.
There's an LP Studio with a case on GC used right now for $200. That might be a better price to ask.

Considering I can get an LP Standard any day of the week for $250, it's not surprising Studios don't sell at that price point.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Well, it's a moot point now Somebody just won my guitar on Ebay for $245. So I'll move ahead now with my plans to get an Avatar Contemporary 212 cab...
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood