Page 1 of 2
Here is my rationality as to why it's fine to eat it for breakfast:

1. there's no sugar in the food, only rice for carbs, therefore the bacteria can't multiply very fast
2. my room temp is 65 degrees, therefore, the bacteria will grow slowly
3. i left a lid on it, so there probably wasn't very much bacteria in there to start with
4. there was garlic and onion in the food, so it prevents bacterial growth
5. i cooked it really hot again, killing all bacteria in the food
6. it still tastes wonderful, therefore i'll be fine

are any of these reasons good reasons for eating food that i left on the stove for 12 hrs?
It would have been perfectly fine if you hadn't recooked rice, which is a pretty excellent way to get food poisoning.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
flawless logic OP
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
I eat stuff that should kill me all the time and it rarely kills me
but you're probably not as amazing as me
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I think he meant a picture of what it was like before you'd developed food poisoning.
Quote by guitarxo
EAT IT I've eaten worse/older things than that

Yeah but just after you ate the older thing you rolled down a hill and into a lamppost, so...
does the energy in the microwave actually effectively kill germs in food when heated up like that or is it actual fire based machines like ovens and stovetops that kill bacteria and germs?

i used to think that microwave actually effectively killed germs and bacteria too but i realized after some time that it actually probably taints the food even some more....

one night tho, i would probably eat it.... don't blame anybody else if you start feelnig really sick afterwards though...

@NandiniTheMouse

lol
What's this about rice? I microwave cooked rice all the time, so does everyone I know, and all the people that I work with from different countries microwave their rice and chicken, curry, fish etc.

I've never had an issue, nor have they. As far as I know.
I've eaten food that was left out overnight all the time and never gotten food poisoning. I've gotten a stomach ache from eating chinese food the next day, and pizza. But that's just because chinese food does that anyway, and I'm lactose sensitive.
i regularly eat stuff like that 2 days later
Quote by Mephaphil
What's this about rice? I microwave cooked rice all the time, so does everyone I know, and all the people that I work with from different countries microwave their rice and chicken, curry, fish etc.

You can bugger it up massively but it's pretty damn easy not to. Just make sure it's heated thoroughly and you're smiling.

Reheated takeaway is the breakfast of champions.
Yea, Chinese for breakfast is the right thing to do.

They eat rice and noodles for breakfast all the time in Asia, I need to move there!
Quote by geetarguy13

Props to you for finding this appetizing, looks like vomit & shit
Last edited by AxeToFall at Oct 25, 2013,
Quote by geetarguy13

wtf is this
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Cook it one more time.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by geetarguy13

How would any human being even wanna eat that?

EDIT: lel
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Last edited by shelovemyguitar at Oct 25, 2013,
Quote by Hydra150
I eat stuff that should kill me all the time and it rarely kills me
but you're probably not as amazing as me

Rarely kills you huh? This... This is a phenomenon... He can die without dying.
They say when you talk to God it's prayer, but when God talks to you it's schizophrenia.
Quote by Shaco
does the energy in the microwave actually effectively kill germs in food when heated up like that or is it actual fire based machines like ovens and stovetops that kill bacteria and germs?

i used to think that microwave actually effectively killed germs and bacteria too but i realized after some time that it actually probably taints the food even some more....

one night tho, i would probably eat it.... don't blame anybody else if you start feelnig really sick afterwards though...

@NandiniTheMouse

lol

Wtf are you saying
Dude, don't cook the rice again. You can cook it twice, but you lose taste and texture. Stirfry that shit man.
Well normally I'd eat anything that I've left out for extended periods of time, and I'm still kicking! But that photo you posted looks grim, I know I said I'd eat anything I left out... but I'm not sure I'd eat anything you've left out. :/
Good god... That looks like it's about to get up and attack your ass. I'd watch your back if I were you.
They say when you talk to God it's prayer, but when God talks to you it's schizophrenia.
I think it's a very sad sign of the times that people feel the need to justify eating food that's been left out and covered for one night... People get so scared of anything not perfectly fresh or within its best by date needlessly, and loads of food gets wasted as a result.

Let me shorten that list for you: It's fine.
Quote by MadClownDisease
I think it's a very sad sign of the times that people feel the need to justify eating food that's been left out and covered for one night... People get so scared of anything not perfectly fresh or within its best by date needlessly, and loads of food gets wasted as a result.

Let me shorten that list for you: It's fine.

+1
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Even if there were some bacteria in it, it's not like it would be bad for you altogether. I mean it might but it will also boost your immune system. That's why it's not good to wash your hands all the time. Obviously after you go to the bathroom you have to because human feces can kill you. If you always wash your hands all the time you don't let your body develop a protection against whatever's on your hands so when you forget to wash your hands one time and that bacteria gets on your hands again your body is like "Ahhh I don't know how to protect against this." And you get sick. I'm pretty sure that's not true against cancer and aids and all those other major sicknesses. If you get those your screwed.
Quote by Todd Hart
Yeah but just after you ate the older thing you rolled down a hill and into a lamppost, so...

Stop trying to make it sound like a bad thing
cat
Your face.
Quote by Mephaphil

It doesn't really matter, but recooking rice can make it quite toxic. Unless you eat a mountain of it, or have a weak system generally, then you'll be fine though.

Tbh, so long as you're healthy you're unlikely to get food poisoning from anything that isn't furry and evolving eyes - I've eaten a pack of breaded chicken raw before realising it wasn't even precooked and been perfectly fine. Contracting food poisoning is pretty difficult.

Edit: although I don't think I would eat your meal even if it only just been dredged (it seems the most appropriate verb) from the pan.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Oct 25, 2013,
I was going to say it should be fine to eat but after seeing that picture I wouldn't be too sure.
i love you guys. lol.. well i went ahead and ate it, i'm still fine ~11 hours later. thanks for all the comments. btw that stuff tastes amazing, and is good for you, stop hating on my rice and hamburger with broccoli and onions!!! i love it!!! try it seriously, it's so good
Page 1 of 2