I recently have had the idea to try and make my old Pbass from high school (somewhat) nice again. Assuming the neck is still ok I wanted to upgrade some parts. I was thinking about throwing on a new bridge, some basic Wilkinson tuners, and some Bassline 3 quarter pounders. Is there anything else I should think about doing? This is more for sentimental value but I also want to be able to use it for recording if needed.
I threw a BadAss II bridge and some quarter pounders on my P-bass a few years ago - and whilst not very orginal, they are some pretty solid addons.

The quarter pounder is very agressive, and the BadAss gives a lot more sustain. And as long you can solder, both are pretty easy DIY projects.
Leo Quan's Badass bridges have become a little hard to find. I don't know if they have a production issue, but they have been rather scarce for at least a year or two. The other thing to remember is that almost every version of the Badass bridge comes with un-grooved bridge saddles. They expect you to decide your string spacing, and then use a "V-shaped" file to cut the string grooves. Not fun. Take a look at the Full Contact bridge by Babicz. I threw one on an American Special Jazz and have been very happy with it. It also looks as cool as hell:

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Leo Quan's Badass bridges have become a little hard to find. I don't know if they have a production issue, but they have been rather scarce for at least a year or two. The other thing to remember is that almost every version of the Badass bridge comes with un-grooved bridge saddles. They expect you to decide your string spacing, and then use a "V-shaped" file to cut the string grooves. Not fun. Take a look at the Full Contact bridge by Babicz. I threw one on an American Special Jazz and have been very happy with it. It also looks as cool as hell:

The owner of the company has 1)died from sickness or 2) has health issues that they need to get through. That's what I'm gathering from my friends who are dealers or have repair shops.

Anyways Babicz has great sustain and clarity compared to the stock Fender bent steel one.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Last edited by dark Mass at Oct 27, 2013,