OK Peavey's XXX speakers. I'm guessing are different from the ones in the 6505 or as far as we can tell. Seen a few say the XXX are Peavey's take on a V30. Wondering if anyone knows or has done this. That being said was looking to originally do an X pattern with my 5150 cab with V30's however just saw my local GC has a XXX cab for 150. I know the XXX speaker is pretty good as I've tracked with one I threw in a 212 vert cab I have with a Celstion 70-80 and works nicely for cruchy stuff IMO. if I paired up the XXX and 5150s cab would that be a good pair that bring back in some higher end over the 5150's bassy tone. A Somewhat easier fix over picking up another V30 to throw in my 5150 cab and it gives me a slant and straight to run if I want to run both or I crack them both open and X them both. THoughts?
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
I've never liked any Peavey speaker I've tried, there's a reason their cabs go for so cheap. TBH, I'd just sell your cab and buy one that's loaded with some good speakers in the first place
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I had the XXX cab. It was "Ok" but I ended up getting a Marshall not long after
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
OK thanks for the input so far I've liked the 5150 cab so far. The tigher bottom end has been nice was just a thought.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)