Page 1 of 2
Emos want to kill themselvesg oths want to kill everyone else.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
It kills me to know that americans goths listen to JD
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Goths are slightly more mature emos with better taste in music. Still silly though.
Literally everything.

Unless you mean the definition of "emos" that an outdated, fashionless group of androgynous outcasts put on themselves.
Then not much.
Neither exist anymore so who gives a shit?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt

Yeah I thought it was a weird idea for the new South Park episode. If they wanted to make fun of goths and emos, they should have done it like five or six years ago when "emo" was starting to become a thing.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Yeah I thought it was a weird idea for the new South Park episode. If they wanted to make fun of goths and emos, they should have done it like five or six years ago when "emo" was starting to become a thing.

It probably doesn't help that Matt and Trey grew up in the 80's and were likely a little bit goth in their day.

Now they're writing Broadway musicals so...
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
lol seriously?

Quote by MeGaDeth2314

emo has been a thing since the late 80s

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Oct 25, 2013,
Back when I was in high school goths were just depressed nerds in black trench coats who listened to evanescence and rammstein.

Emo was more a fashion style than anything. Something girls did for attention and something guys did to have sex with said girls.
Quote by Wolforn
Back when I was in high school goths were just depressed nerds in black trench coats who listened to evanescence and rammstein.

Emo was more a fashion style than anything. Something girls did for attention and something guys did to have sex with said girls.

Both are much older than that.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Just look up the music. The histories and tones are totally different. There's really not much that's the same between them other than an affinity for black (common for many styles) and a knack for getting widely filtered by teenagers on Myspace (eventually turned to 'scene' or whatever)
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

When I saw the thread title I was sure this was another necrobump
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by vintage x metal
Just look up the music. The histories and tones are totally different. There's really not much that's the same between them other than an affinity for black (common for many styles) and a knack for getting widely filtered by teenagers on Myspace (eventually turned to 'scene' or whatever)

should've ended that after the first two sentences

Goths have an appreciation of Dark things (Music,Fashion,Art), Emos have an appreciation of being little attention *****s
Quote by MinterMan22
lol seriously?

emo has been a thing since the late 80s

He said "emo" and nobody called themselves "emo" in the 80s.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt

Really? I see plenty around my town...
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Oh. My God. It's totally not the same.

So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
Quote by Nero Galon
Really? I see plenty around my town...

Goths? Emos? Or kids you know that shop at Hot Topic?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Emos are depressed, lame, self centered, unworthy of life, cut-myself versions of goths.

Goths are cool, Goths are awesome, they aren't sad. Goths like the culture because they are passionate about it and use as an outlet for creativity in music/fashion--- not depression.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by captainsnazz
What do they have in common?

Neither of them like your threads.

Go home emo boy.
Quote by k.lainad
Emos are depressed, lame, self centered, unworthy of life, cut-myself versions of goths.

Goths are cool, Goths are awesome, they aren't sad. Goths like the culture because they are passionate about it and use as an outlet for creativity in music/fashion--- not depression.

Goths
Cool
Goths
Awesome

furreal?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by vintage x metal
Goths? Emos? Or kids you know that shop at Hot Topic?

Both. Hot Topic doesn't exist here either.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Nero Galon
Both. Hot Topic doesn't exist here either.

Aye you're Welsh. You probably do see them then
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I prefer to focus on similarities; goths and emos have both been doused in an abundance of douchebaggery.

I don't know Philip...What do YOU think the difference is between them? Contribute to your shitty thread.
Quote by Dimarzio45
I prefer to focus on similarities; goths and emos have both been doused in an abundance of douchebaggery.

I don't know Philip...What do YOU think the difference is between them? Contribute to your shitty thread.

From my experience, Goths are messed up in the head but in a good way. Emos are in the closet.
Goths can be cool, listen to good music and can remain goths somewhat respectively for their whole life.

Emos wake up one day and go 'Ohhh shit' and realise what they've been doing to themselves.
Quote by Philip_pepper
From my experience, Goths are messed up in the head but in a good way. Emos are in the closet.

I pretty much agree with that.
Page 1 of 2