It is easier

EDIT: looks like it was a mistake at first The pickguard covers it so they said ship it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Oct 25, 2013,
i am assuming you are talking about the 3 round indentations near the cut-away horn.

it is for nothing as far as i can tell. the pic you link doesn't look like a real route anyway as the 'holes' have the same finish as the rest of the guitar and the routes are discolored from the rest of the finish.

i have never seen those 'holes' before (and i have owned quite a few teles) and because you claim to have encountered them before i googled 'telecaster routes' and did see a couple tele's with some kinda round indentation near the horn, but the vast majority are absent of the routes you are concerned about.

i would say that configuration you posted is quite unusual and i have no idea what the need for it would be.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Yea - I only found a few images that match my Tele, so it seems rare.
There were more images with just one hole, which appears to be from a router.
Weird......
Those are index/locator holes for the routing machine. I usually see those on guitars post 1998, I think.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Those aren't mistakes, they're registry holes. A lot of the older MIA Teles had 1 and the older MIMs had 3.

I've refinished maybe 50 Fenders and those show up in Strats, too.

These are the models that I've refinished that have 1 hole: the newer MIA DeLuxe, MIA Standard (not all), Cabronita, Blacktop, Classic Player, Deluxe Nashville, '60s RI, 60th Anniversary, etc.

The MIM Standard (not all) and the Road Worn have the 3 holes.
Quote by Ippon
Those aren't mistakes, they're registry holes. A lot of the older MIA Teles had 1 and the older MIMs had 3.

I've refinished maybe 50 Fenders and those show up in Strats, too.

These are the models that I've refinished that have 1 hole: the newer MIA DeLuxe, MIA Standard (not all), Cabronita, Blacktop, Classic Player, Deluxe Nashville, '60s RI, 60th Anniversary, etc.

The MIM Standard (not all) and the Road Worn have the 3 holes.

I never knew that, thanks for the info
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate