Hey All,

I've been on a Randy Holden kick for quite awhile now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c4i0wi-5rU

The effect heard from 0:07 to 0:12, and again from 1:18 to 1:32. It sounds like a phaser, but I might be wrong. It seems to work well with an overdriven tone and I love it.

Also, do you think it's before or after dirt, or in the loop?

Any ideas? Anyone?

-Major Bludd
i think he is not using any effect at all, just seems to be playing octaves and maybe playing with the whammy bar a bit.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by Major Bludd
Really? I detect some sort of 'swirl' there...

it does sound a little different, and i thought he may have been using a 'vibe' type effect but i don't hear any of the classic pulsing of a vibe.

if he is using an effect it is very subtle and it'd either be vibe set on chorus mode or an actual chorus pedal with very light settings.

-ae
I think it's his guitar. It looks like it's made of glass. That has to create some sort of echoey effect.
I have a Maxon FL9 Flanger. Would it be possible to get this sound with this unit? Or does it have to be a Uni-Vibe?
It's impossible to get the same sound as another guitarist. It's possible to make your own sound that sounds good though.
Quote by Major Bludd
I have a Maxon FL9 Flanger. Would it be possible to get this sound with this unit? Or does it have to be a Uni-Vibe?

i wouldn't use a flanger for that application, but it is possible you could make something like that work. a flanger will tend to have a more noticeable 'whoosing' effect, while something like my TC electronic SCF on chorus mode will give that almost doubling-effect he gets.

i still think it is just guitar though.

-ae
Try a chorus.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Most flangers can do chorus effects.

Try a low regen and width. Delay time and speed to taste taste.

I've never used the maxon, so take this with a grain of salt.

muledit: Probably won't be the same as the video, but it should be able to make a passable substitute
RIP Gooze

cats