Page 1 of 2
How many of you guys read Metal Hammer? and do you think they are sellouts 'cause a few of my mates think they are but I disagree
Also, how many bands have ou found about as a result of them?
I can't think of a lamer thing than reading magazines about metal.
Check out my band Disturbed
I had to stop reading it because too much of my brain capacity was taken up with learning the distinctions between different subgenres of viking, Lord of the Rings and pirate inspired Finnish metal.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
I had to stop reading it because too much of my brain capacity was taken up with learning the distinctions between different subgenres of viking, Lord of the Rings and pirate inspired Finnish metal.

As someone who claims to be an ethnomusicologist, one would think you'd love to learn about the various cultural distinctions in music.
Check out my band Disturbed
^metal is not music

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I used to read it fairly often but I stopped because it either got really really bad, or it was always bad and it took me awhile to realize it.
Quote by Xiaoxi
^metal is not music

If Brahms was alive today, he'd be a shit guitarist for Megadeth.

I'm coming in strong tonight.
megadeath is not music

edit: guitarists aren't musicians

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Read it once and thought it was totally lame. MCR bashing and talk about "corpse paint".

I discovered The Haunted through it though.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Not in a long time....

Quote by Morphogenesis26

Totally off topic, your name references the first song from one of my favorite albums of all time.

Go you
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
Quote by Xiaoxi
^metal is not music

So i guess you listen to that Justin Bieber who sings like a girl
Quote by Axelfox
So i guess you listen to that Justin Bieber who sings like a girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdiGBI6yngw

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Took me a minute to realize that was a guy....

DAFUQ
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
took me the whole video to realize those aren't actual foxes!

WTH

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by StewieSwan
Tell me how posting this video is related to the thread topic in the slightest and I'll give you 5 bucks.

Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Why are magazines like this even in existence when you have Metalsucks?
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Last edited by Rawshik at Oct 26, 2013,
Quote by Rawshik
Why are magazines like this even existence when you have Metalsucks?

i know what you mean. Back in the pre internet days like the 1980's,we had to have magazines. But now with the internet, you can find stuff online.
^One of the greatest posts I have ever seen.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Axelfox
i know what you mean. Back in the pre internet days like the 1980's,we had to have magazines. But now with the internet, you can find stuff online.

I've known a couple of guys in bands who have said that their label basically had to pay for them to give it a good review, regardless of what they thought of the album. It could be a stinker but get a great review because of money, or be an amazing album but get an average review because nobody paid money.
I have a couple of issues. I only bought them because they came with Mastodon and Iron Maiden posters, as well as the CDs . Also, some of the articles were quite funny. The free keychain was nice too.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Morphogenesis26

Nah see, Brahms would want to be a shit guitarist for Megadeth, but there's no way that he would be good enough. If he was lucky he could play bass for them.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
The first half of the magazine is usually shit but subterrania is always interesting and i've discovered a lot of great bands because of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_0sjgSN81o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DunwlWtZQgs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl1rLBFRpl0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H6PV7CKcYI
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

Quote by Xiaoxi
guitarists aren't musicians

If the pit were a good representation of the average guitarist then this would probably be true.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
If the pit were a good representation of the average guitarist then this would probably be true.

Given that this is a website intended for guitarists I'd say surely the average of the pit would be higher than the general average.

A terrifying thought.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
I used to...when I used to think my username was cool too.

How did you go from Raining Blood to 26 is Dancier than 4?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I grew up.

Okay I'm not acutally that grown up, nor do I have any disrespect for Slayer...they were still good last time I saw them when working at Bloodstock.
Last edited by slayer_rule_\m/ at Oct 26, 2013,
Quote by Todd Hart
Given that this is a website intended for guitarists I'd say surely the average of the pit would be higher than the general average.

A terrifying thought.

The fact that the average pitmonkey is a guitarplayer does not make the average guitarplayer a pitmonkey though.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
I used to read it. It was fun.
Since i'm not a huge fan of mainstream stuff now...
Last edited by odensson95 at Oct 26, 2013,
Quote by theogonia777
Nah see, Brahms would want to be a shit guitarist for Megadeth, but there's no way that he would be good enough. If he was lucky he could play bass for them.

Q. How do you get a bassist off a porch?

A. Pay him for the pizza
Page 1 of 2