Page 1 of 3
2 questions:

1. Would you ever date a trans person? Assume post-op.

2. Do trans people have a moral obligation to inform their partners of their trans status before relationships/sex? Why or why not?

Call me homophobic, but I couldn't do it.
Check out my band Disturbed
1) I really doubt it. Hate to sound close-minded, but I just can't imagine it happening.

2) I'd say yes, absolutely. People in any kind of serious relationship are supposed to be open and truthful about everything, most certainly including a sex change operation. A one-night stand scenario may be a little different.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
1. no

2. yes

3. milf pix pls

edit: oh wait....IS THAT WHY YOU ASKED?!?!

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
1. I could never do it. I really don't believe in an internal gender identity. I believe that "internal gender identity" is simply conditioning by gender roles and how we're treated. A sex change doesn't turn a male into a female or a female into a male; it turns a female into someone who looks like a male, and a male into someone who looks like a female. I'm attracted to females and Matt Bomer. That's it.

2. Before a relationship? Yeah. Before sex? I'm really not sure. I can't think of a moral obligation that would force someone to disclose their original sex before having sex, because I can't think of moral obligations that having sex necessitates. Obviously, disclosing about diseases is a must. But I don't know about anything else.. Before ****ing, you don't have to disclose that you have bad credit, or an abscess in your butthole. But a relationship is a commitment built on honesty and disclosure, so it's different.

edit: btw, most interesting thread topic I've seen in a loooong time
1. no chance in hell
2. yes otherwise they are assholes
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
1. No.

2. I think so, if it's a serious relationship. Not so much because "ewwww", but because of the fact that being secretive in a relationship is the worst thing to do, and being a dude once is a pretty big secret. If you're just looking to get laid, then that situation will work itself out... they'll either notice that something isn't right, or they won't, and live the rest of their lives without knowing or caring.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
1. Probably. Call me a fag or whatever but it really dont matter

2. HMM hard questions for hard times. If you find someone attractive enough to date then it shouldnt really matter, right? It would be like wanting to **** a dude but saying "no im not gay Im not gonna fuck him". Youre still gay man.

If your attracted to a transvestite deal with it loser. But I understand the times we live in so maybe they should tell them cause otherwise people would be scarred forever right (though if you want to **** someone why are you gonna change your mind cause you think the person used to be a dude? Why does that kill your boner? Just disgust you can't get over cause you were raised thinking gays are bad? idk I know how people are tho whatever)
I'd classify it as a bit of a dick move to not disclose it before sex, but I still can't say it's a moral obligation.

edit: ^and attraction isn't entirely based on physical appearance. I'd say my attraction to females is probably around 50% based on appearance, 50% on characteristics and approach. Like, a sexy girl is extra sexy if she's smart and knows how to work what she's got.

In addition, the approach is also relevant. If a hot girl is coming on to you by going, "I wanna stick a pickle in your butthole," she'll be markedly less attractive (at least to me ) regardless of how great her characteristics and appearance might be.
Last edited by progdude93 at Oct 26, 2013,
What if you were watching certain sexy videos of the rear-end nature and only at the "end" discovered that it was actually two guys?

Are you now gay? I think that is comparable to sexing up a former man.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

For the people who answered yes for the second question:

A lot of times they do disclose it before (or after) sex and many have been beaten and even killed over it. Does this change your perspective at all?
Quote by eGraham
Are you now gay?

i just find this phrase hysterical

"You've done X, only to discover Y. Are you now gay?"
Gayity is a choice man
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by StewieSwan

A lot of times they do disclose it before (or after) sex and many have been beaten and even killed over it. Does this change your perspective at all?

I'm here if you need to talk.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by StewieSwan

lol no. how soon before/after do they disclose it?

That's some shit that should be disclosed immediately before you're even in a relationship.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Xiaoxi
I'm here if you need to talk.

No you're not. I messaged you on FB like half an hour ago and you haven't said shit.
Quote by bradulator

That's some shit that should be disclosed immediately before you're even in a relationship.

"i think yr rly cute n i kinda like you "
"ya haha that's cool i used to be a woman"
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham
What if you were watching certain sexy videos of the rear-end nature and only at the "end" discovered that it was actually two guys?

Are you now gay? I think that is comparable to sexing up a former man.

HMM eGraham bringing up good points as usual.

But what if that dude getting butsexed is actually a female to male transvestite then its still cool cause shes still a girl right
Quote by Weaponized
HMM eGraham bringing up good points as usual.

But what if that dude getting butsexed is actually a female to male transvestite then its still cool cause shes still a girl right

wow

So many points here, this thread might as well be a porcupine
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by StewieSwan
No you're not. I messaged you on FB like half an hour ago and you haven't said shit.

I meant in spirt...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by StewieSwan

If someone told me after sex that they were actually named Mike, I'd be pretty upset, and understandably so.

IMO, if you're only having sex, it's your choice to disclose it. If you want to **** someone, and you also want to tell them, you better tell them way before the process gets underway. Because if you tell them right before or right after, that's some ****ed up shit.

I'm not going to say they deserve to get beaten or killed, because they obviously don't, but if you're taking it upon yourself to tell your one-night stand, and you've already had sex with him/her, then you ALMOST deserve a beating.
If it was a girl who thought they were a gay guy...then yeah.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
1: Hell no (except see below)
2: Of course they should, I don't mind if people are transgendered but I am sexually attracted to biological females and I would feel like I'd been maliciously deceived if I had ****ed a girl that was born male without knowing.

In fact in a way, i might not mind a ftm trans for having sex with but IDK without ever having had that choice.
Quote by StewieSwan

Common sense on the tranny's part should apply. Like I said, if it's a serious relationship they're working on, then I think they should tell the person. Most folks know if they're just trying to ****, or find a significant other. For the people just trying to ****, I don't really care. For the people forming a real relationship, I think it should come up in the whole introduction phase, because that is a massive part of who they are, and holding that back is just asking for a failed relationship. Plus, if the person they're trying to woo is bothered by it, then are they really the right person for the tranny?
But what if they found a way to truly transform someone into the opposite gender? Like forget hormone therapy and surgery, I'm talking a magical sex-change laser beam that turns a male into a fully functional female that can get pregnant and shit.

Do you think they should disclose their original sex?
Quote by Skynyrd890
Common sense on the tranny's part should apply. Like I said, if it's a serious relationship they're working on, then I think they should tell the person. Most folks know if they're just trying to ****, or find a significant other. For the people just trying to ****, I don't really care. For the people forming a real relationship, I think it should come up in the whole introduction phase, because that is a massive part of who they are, and holding that back is just asking for a failed relationship. Plus, if the person they're trying to woo is bothered by it, then are they really the right person for the tranny?

Humor me for a second with an hilarious and absurd analogy.

If someone were to have "transracial" surgery, do they owe it to their partner to disclose that they used to be black/asian/white/whatever?
Quote by StewieSwan

If someone were to have "transracial" surgery, do they owe it to their partner to disclose that they used to be black/asian/white/whatever?

I would say yes, if knowing the truth bothered the other person then I don't think the relationship/sex has legitimacy, but if you do disclose and nobody minds then all is sweet imo.

This is a very difficult topic though because I can't really explain why I like girls nor can I explain why I wouldn't **** a dude, maybe in the right circumstances I would, idk.

And I would still **** this hypothetical transracial person if I knew but I'm sure there are people who wouldn't.
Last edited by strait jacket at Oct 26, 2013,
Quote by StewieSwan

I would say no, because that isn't nearly as sensitive a change as a gender reassignment. At least not today.

Look... It's not necessarily about the fact that they used to be a white woman, and changed to a black man. It's about the fact that it's a very touchy subject for a lot of people, and if you're serious about a relationship, don't you want to know that the person you're getting close to is accepting of you? I mean, getting the operation is a huge part of your life and who you are. Hiding a part of you is not conducive to a healthy relationship, and it seems to me that if you're so concerned about them being displeased with the fact that you're trans, that you'd hide it from them, then you and that person probably shouldn't be in a relationship.
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at Oct 26, 2013,
1. I could, but I'd want to have children the natural way, so I'm not sure if I would

2. In relationship, I'd say yes.
Sex - no.
I'd have sex with a person that has a vagina but used to be a dude, assuming I'm attracted to this person enough to have sex with them in the first place. The ability to reproduce doesn't have any effect on how I perceive somebody's attractiveness.

I'm not a fan of penises, but if your penis is a vagina then I'm totally down. So I wouldn't mind if they didn't tell me before we had sex, but they would definitely have to tell me before we have a relationship.
1. Meh
2. It'd be nice, I guess. I mean if I had something that could make people uncomfortable like a growth, they'd probably appreciate it if I said something
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
i'm with the majority here. but for #2, i wouldn't go so far as to say it's a moral obligation. i would certainly look down on the person for not disclosing the fact though, because it's absolutely inconsiderate to say the least.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by bradulator
1. no chance in hell
2. yes otherwise they are assholes

+1
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
1. yes
2. sure, but if it could change the person's mind about the trans-person then the relationship clearly wasn't very meaningful.

The concept of sexuality and being attracted to this or that is absurd, gender is irrelevant. If you wanna **** someone or be with someone then do it. Why would something as silly as biological compatibility sully the chance of having a relationship with someone? The idea that reproduction is a necessity for two people to be with each other is a foolish one.
ITT: A bunch of people not differentiating between transgender, transsexual and transvestite.

Quote by AmalgamOfMeat
I'm not a fan of penises, but if your penis is a vagina then I'm totally down.

But this was absolutely brilliant.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I don't know but I think I'd be more comfortable dating a chick that's become a dude, than a dude that's become a chick

I'm not attracted to men and knowing the chick was once a dude... Idk. don't think I could do it.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
1. Yes probably

2. If I'm in a relationship then yeah definitely. It's something that's presumably changed their life a lot and I'd want to know about it. Just like other things like having your appendix removed, green hair when they were 15, etc. it isn't anything that should automatically be hidden imo.
cat
1. Hell no. That thing is not a vagina, I had this discussion with someone I know recently. It's still a penis, just mangled up. My logic was this: If you take a fish, mash it up and then shape it into a chicken, it's no more a chicken than it was before. It's still fish.

2. Hell yes. Imagine telling someone with a seafood allergy that it wasn't actually a chicken until after they'd started eating it. Bad times.
1. Probably not, but who's to say?

Also lol @ "Assume post-op"

2. In a relationship, yes.

Quote by snipelfritz
ITT: A bunch of people not differentiating between transgender, transsexual and transvestite.

You tell everyone about all about the differences then, smarty pants.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Page 1 of 3