I'm planning on buying the HD500 soon. I've been looking everywhere for an answer, but I just can't seem to find a definite one. What would be the best way to output the sound from the pod? I don't plan on recording just yet. I just want to work on my technique and just generally get better. I want to sound good while I'm doing this, though. My budget is around $200.
Quote by SSHeadzUp
I'm planning on buying the HD500 soon. I've been looking everywhere for an answer, but I just can't seem to find a definite one. What would be the best way to output the sound from the pod? I don't plan on recording just yet. I just want to work on my technique and just generally get better. I want to sound good while I'm doing this, though. My budget is around $200.

you can either plug a set of headphones into it or plug it into a guitar amp or PA.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
If I'm honest, a good way to run it for $200, is to get any amp with an aux out and a 12 inch speaker. Then, if you use a 3.5 mm to 1/4 inch converter, plug the pods output into the aux out of the amp using an aux cable. I do this with my pod hd500 into my mustang 1 which doesn't have a 12 inch speaker and it sounds pretty good, so it can only sound better with a 12 inch speaker. I recommend this as you aren't really gonna get great monitors or a pa for $200.
however, I would not really recommend a fender mustang, as my aux out has become quite loose with minimal use, and it generally is quite poorly built. that said, it's no bugera
I can 100% recommend the pod hd500. I've had it for a little while, and with some tweaking its awesome! Stock patches suck, though, so be prepared to put in some work.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Last edited by randomguy2000 at Oct 26, 2013,
You can see all of the outputs here:

Like someone said earlier, you can use it as an audio interface as well and hook it to your computer.
that.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

if you intend to use this thing live, you'll want to build your patches using a sound source similar to what you'd use on stage. don't expect that the patches you make while wearing headphones will translate over well to a PA in a large room. i'd try to find a used powered monitor.
:: Peavey JSX | XXX ::
:: LTD V | Viper | AX [EMG85] ::
:: Vader 2x12 | Krankenstein 4x12 ::
:: G50 | DecimatorG-String | 95Q ::
:: Polytune | Ditto | CarbonCopy ::