I came across this guitar yesterday, plays and sounds really great, I would dare say better than some Gibsons I have played.

I already own the Goldtop signature and I would like to own this as well however I noticed the strap lock is alot closer to the neck than my other epiphone, it looks misplaced even compared to the other epiphones shown in the pic above.

Anyone here has/had this guitar and care to shed some light?
What's the price of this one, I haven't seen this one yet.
Though I must say the strapholder on my current gibson is placed at about the same height so I don't really see a 'misplacing' there.
Quote by tappooh
I would dare say better than some Gibsons I have played.

you rebel you.

It looks legit to me. Here are some other pics of the guitar:
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=ipad&va=slash+epiphone+snakepit
It looks to me like they randomly stick the strap button anywhere. Kinda weird and anti QC to me.

On another note, I've wanted one of these for awhile. I found a nice one in Dallas at a pawnshop with a case for $350 in near mint condition once. I'm still kicking myself for not buying it. Love the tops on them.
Quote by Starcounter1
It looks legit to me. Here are some other pics of the guitar:
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=ipad&va=slash+epiphone+snakepit
It looks to me like they randomly stick the strap button anywhere. Kinda weird and anti QC to me.

On another note, I've wanted one of these for awhile. I found a nice one in Dallas at a pawnshop with a case for $350 in near mint condition once. I'm still kicking myself for not buying it. Love the tops on them.

How can YOU tell if the guitar in the 1st post is legit ?

BTW there are a lot of fakes in the link you've posted....

Slash signature Les Pauls are one of the most faked guitars
Quote by paruwi

BTW there are a lot of fakes in the link you've posted....

Slash signature Les Pauls are one of the most faked guitars

So you are saying it is fake?
Quote by Starcounter1
So you are saying it is fake?

No, I asked how YOU can tell it is legit...

Nobody can tell from those two tiny pics if it is real - or fake

and I said there are many faked Slash signature guitars out,
even in the link YOU posted....
Last edited by paruwi at Oct 26, 2013,
Pics arent tiny, if you click on them it will show a bigger one.

After doing some research it turns out it could be that some were made in Japan and some in Korea so there might be little differences such as the strap button.

But still...
Last edited by tappooh at Oct 26, 2013,
Quote by tappooh
Pics arent tiny, if you click on them it will show a bigger one.

After doing some research it turns out it could be that some were made in Japan and some in Korea so there might be little differences such as the strap button.

But still...

Nonetheless those pics can't tell if legit or not

and NO,
those Snakepit Slash models from Epi never ever had been made in Japan

but you still can get better new Epi Les Pauls for € 200 less than this 13-16 year old guitar....

Last edited by paruwi at Oct 26, 2013,
The guy asked a question, and to me it looks real. I don't think anyone expects a certificate of authenticity from a forum post question. If you see something that looks fake about it point it out. Otherwise i think your just kinda being a pud......
Quote by Starcounter1
The guy asked a question, and to me it looks real. I don't think anyone expects a certificate of authenticity from a forum post question. If you see something that looks fake about it point it out. Otherwise i think your just kinda being a pud......

anybody spending €690 on any guitar should make sure it is legit

I can tell it to you a third time...
this pics do NOT show you if it is fake or if it is legit like you said

and your answer didn't help getting any proof

providing links to fake snakepits is telling me - you can't spot if it's legit or fake
so you eventually should not give any advice about it

so what's worth
Quote by Starcounter1
Are you sure you not being a pud because we had a disagreement in an earlier post?

I'll eventually continue this discussion with you if you can answer this earlier question

I am sure what advice I give - you seem not
so it seems you are the pud
Last edited by paruwi at Oct 27, 2013,
I know this is an old thread but it might help future users ... you can get the serial number from the headstock and email Gibson (even for an Epiphone) .. they get back to you usually within a couple of hours.
^^^^ which is why you should NEVER give your serial number or show it in a picture on the biggest ****in guitar forum on earth, or even one of the shittier ones.
Quote by dazza027
^^^^ which is why you should NEVER give your serial number or show it in a picture on the biggest ****in guitar forum on earth, or even one of the shittier ones.

These Chinese counterfeiters don't need to see anyones serial number to make a number that's legitimate. They already know how the serial numbering system on these guitars work, so its easy for them to make one up that is consistent with the real ones. Serial numbers don't mean shit when it comes to identifying a guitar as real or fake these days.

In other words, no harm can really be done by posting a serial number, since the secret on how to replicate them is already out.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 17, 2014,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
These Chinese counterfeiters don't need to see anyones serial number to make a number that's legitimate. They already know how the serial numbering system on these guitars work, so its easy for them to make one up that is consistent with the real ones. Serial numbers don't mean shit when it comes to identifying a guitar as real or fake these days.

In other words, no harm can really be done by posting a serial number, since the secret on how to replicate them is already out.

Nonetheless they are doing it wrong for years..............
Quote by paruwi
Nonetheless they are doing it wrong for years..............

I've seen one were the serial number says that it was built on the 600th day of the year.

But these days, faked guitars tend to be more accurate with their dating than they used to be.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 17, 2014,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I've seen one were the serial number says that it was built on the 600th day of the year.

But these days, faked guitars tend to be more accurate with their dating than they used to be.

Epi serial# never tell the day it was build, not even the faked ones...