So recently I started looking towards custom guitars. I originally started with Carvin which were just amazing. Then I looked at Rondo. I have owned many agile guitars and they are great for the money. So then I started thinking about creating custom guitars through them and essentially I could get two custom guitars for the price of one Carvin guitar, actually it is even less. The flame tops are not as awe-inspiring but they are amazing nonetheless.
Does anyone have experience with their custom orders?
If so how fast is the turn around? They stated that the order was for May of 2014, that seems like a long wait.
Any info is appreciated.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Half a year for a custom (even if it is semi-custom) seems very decent. I imagine getting a complete custom from a luthier would take at least twice as long.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
I've done custom orders with both Carvin and Rondo (Agile).

At a guess, it's the Korean factory's prototyping shop that does the semi-customs for Rondo, and essentially the guitars come back over when the quarterly container(s) of Agiles arrive. Mine was ordered in November and arrived the first week in March, well *ahead* of the published schedule. You should plan on the actual schedule, however. My Agile was a difficult build for the prototyping plant, but they pulled it off beautifully.

Carvin's wait has been around 5-7 weeks, but I don't want to put words in their mouths -- you'll have to check with them on delivery dates, particularly with the holidays intervening. Carvins are excellent guitars, and the options for woods and finishes extend far beyond what you can get from Rondo. I've had a few of my Carvins since the late '80's, and would have difficulty parting with them.

The best I can offer are cautions on specific items here and there. Both good.
I Got A Custom From Rondo A Few Years Ago And Got It Well Before The Estimated Date, But I Know A Few People Who Didn't Get It Until A Month Or Two After, That's Why It's Called An Estimate. For The Price The Quality Was Excellent, Only Thing Wrong With It Was A Few Sharp Fret Edges.
Not jumping into anything yet, just weighing my options and looking at what will be the best fit. I will be sure to post as so as I solidify my ideas. I am back and forth right now between Carvin and Agile. I estimated wrong on the Agile, it won't be that significantly less than the Carvin. Still price is pretty good either way.
I appreciate the fast responses.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13