I am really sorry if I missed the right column/section but I am relatively new to UG.

As all of you know ( or if you don't, here is your chance to learn it ) the major and minor scale ( often called NATURAL major/minor ) are, in a way, the same scale.

The C major scale can be, in a way, be considered a mode of the A minor scale, and vice versa.

Now my question is : does the same rule apply to the HARMONIC major and minor scales ?

Or in other words - does the Harmonic Major scale have a certain mode which is exactly same as a certain Harmonic Minor scale ?

Thank you in advance.
I'm not 100% sure you could really refer to them as modes of one another. However, to my knowledge, in the same way as the relative minor to C major is A minor, the relative minor to C harmonic major is A harmonic minor. My knowledge is sketchy though, been a while since I did much music theory.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Quote by Ziphoblat
I'm not 100% sure you could really refer to them as modes of one another. However, to my knowledge, in the same way as the relative minor to C major is A minor, the relative minor to C harmonic major is A harmonic minor. My knowledge is sketchy though, been a while since I did much music theory.

Well as far as I the Aeorian mode of the C major scale is the A Aeorian scale and it's the same scale as A minor. In that way, the A minor scale is a mode of a C major scale. Theoretically, the Aeolian mode of C major and A minor have the same notes by coincidence but in practice, they are just the same.

So the C harmonic Major is the same scale as A harmonic Minor. If you are unsure, I'd like somebody to confirm this, but if you are sure, then this case is closed. :P