27 46%
Police overstepping their boundaries AGAIN
32 54%
Voters: 59.
Page 1 of 4
>gun laws
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
is cuz he brown

EDIT: But seriously, incompetence, if the story actually happened how that site described. Need corroborating sources though.
My God, it's full of stars!
Last edited by Dreadnought at Oct 26, 2013,
Boys fault for painting/removing orange cap thing. Officers fault for being typical cuntshits and shooting first asking questions later. They could have at least spend five seconds getting cover and demanding the boy drop the gun..
What the hell are we supposed to use man, harsh language?
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Wormholes
Officers fault for being typical cuntshits and shooting first asking questions later. They could have at least spend five seconds getting cover and demanding the boy drop the gun..

This is southern CA where mexican gangs are an everyday threat...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Everyone knows what happens if you **** about with firearms and armed police.

It's a shame he's young but if it was someone older then nowone would argue the case against the police.
Shitty story all around. There's plenty of fault to go around. Toy guns are a bad idea.
Check out my band Disturbed
13 years old. What a dumbass.

Doesn't this happen like every 6 months?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
13 years old. What a dumbass.

Doesn't this happen like every 6 months?

Yup.

Sucks every way you look at it. Ultimately it is the kids lack of foresight and planning that caused a problem. Had the kid, I dont know, had the thing in a case instead of openly carrying the gun, wouldn't have been an issue.

Cops win again.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by Xiaoxi

And armed police officers are a threat to innocent civilians, but I can't go shooting every cop I see and expect to get away with it.
does it mention whether or not the kid left the orange safety marker on the tip of the barrel? because it's illegal to take that off for that very reason. a lot of kids take that stuff off because it looks more intimidating/like a real gun. i have an airsoft uzi from when i was a kid that doesn't have the orange tip, and i would never carry that around in public. it's easily passable as a real gun, especially from a distance.
i once asked my mom if i could get an airsoft gun and she lost her shit, saying that this was what would happen...i suppose she wasn't wrong.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Aren't toy guns meant to have orange barrels/muzzles to prevent this kind of thing?

If it didn't have one then to be honest I'm not that surprised they shot him; in a country where guns are simple to get hold of it's not out of the question that a kid would have one.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Amuro Jay
does it mention whether or not the kid left the orange safety marker on the tip of the barrel? because it's illegal to take that off for that very reason. a lot of kids take that stuff off because it looks more intimidating/like a real gun. i have an airsoft uzi from when i was a kid that doesn't have the orange tip, and i would never carry that around in public. it's easily passable as a real gun, especially from a distance.

Yeah I was just about to ask this very question. Honestly the only way I see this happening is if he removed the orange tip. Seriously, it makes toy guns look very real from a distance if it's absent.
Confirmed: removed the orange tip

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2013/1025/Cop-kills-California-boy-toting-toy-rifle-a-gun-anxious-nation-pauses

He was walking to a friend’s house to return the realistic-looking toy gun, which had had its orange safety tip removed.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Hungryformore21
Yeah I was just about to ask this very question. Honestly the only way I see this happening is if he removed the orange tip. Seriously, it makes toy guns look very real from a distance if it's absent.

yeah if that's the case then the kid was literally asking to be shot

sure, he didn't deserve it, but when you take the orange tip off of a toy gun so it looks more realistic and you don't drop the gun when the police tells you to, there's not a real high chance of a happy ending.

honestly, and call me callous and cold for this or whatever, if he did take the orange tip off then i don't think the police were acting out of line at all.

yeah, it's tragic and stuff, but there are reasons these laws exist, and if the cops did feel legitimately threatened then it's their right to protect themselves.

i can't wait to see the backlash against the police on this one from social justice warriors claiming all cops are killers, etc.
Quote by soundgarden1986
^
right? thats the most real fake shit ive ever seen

As effective as the original. Obviously...
Quote by Amuro Jay
and you don't drop the gun when the police tells you to, there's not a real high chance of a happy ending.

lol, I don't think you can blame the kid for turning around when he hears a police siren and a shout. seems to me like they didn't even give him time to drop it.
Meh I guess we want to say the police should've been more restrained in case of situations like this, but if they thought it was a real AK-47 then he would be appearing to pose an immediate and very serious threat.

It's sad and a shame, but it's very easy for us to judge now looking back knowing it was a toy gun.

EDIT: ^ yeah obviously the real issue is whether they should've held back back longer and if he got any chance to actually drop it. I doubt I would've understood someone shouting behind me if I had no idea who they were and wasn't expecting it.
Last edited by MadClownDisease at Oct 26, 2013,
^Doesn't justify killing an innocent kid (in response to article about orange tip being removed). I can't imagine that people just nonchalantly walk around carrying real AK 47s. And shot seven times? Yeah, the cops were unforgivably stupid and rash in this situation based on the stories I've read (so don't bother with the stupid argument, "oh but you weren't there! You don't know if they were threatened or not!" because it goes both ways).
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Oct 26, 2013,
Quote by Xiaoxi

Santa Rosa isn't southern CA. It's near Sacramento. Not really a bad area.
Don't carry toy guns in the street.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by raoooos
lol, I don't think you can blame the kid for turning around when he hears a police siren and a shout. seems to me like they didn't even give him time to drop it.
fair point. but on the other hand you can't blame the police for firing when they think they're being aimed at by an assault rifle.

it was a misunderstanding which resulted in a few bad decisions being made.

did the police react too quickly or too harshly? sure, you could make a case for that.

but the only blame i can lay with certainty is on the kid for walking out in public with a realistic looking gun that didn't have the orange plug on it.
If someone got my kid a toy gun like that I'd reciprocate by giving their kid a toy heroin set. I mean seriously. What ****ing habits are we instilling in kids? Jesus.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
If someone got my kid a toy gun like that I'd reciprocate by giving their kid a toy heroin set. I mean seriously. What ****ing habits are we instilling in kids? Jesus.

I really wonder how a toy heroin set looks like.
But good point, i agree.
Quote by primusfan

you do realize toy guns have been around for DECADES right? probably even longer
pinga
Quote by LostLegion
They also shot the kid 6 times when he was on the ground or something.

#sammyyatimneverforget

Police were stupid for, by the sounds of it, shooting before the kid even had a chance to drop the thing and reacting way too quickly.

Kid was stupid for removing the orange cap on an otherwise fairly realistic toy.

Doesn't make it alright that he's dead or justify it, but there were bad decisions all-around leading to a tragic event. Stupidity abounds and it ends in sadness. You can't blame the kid for not expecting that police would shoot him when, looking at it from his perspective, he did nothing wrong, but it's hard to blame the officers for acting first against someone they thought was toting an AK-47. I'm not saying they're right - and even if it was a real gun it sounds to me like they reacted too quickly - just that when you understand the perspective of both parties, the stupidity makes some sense. Stupid, sad sense, but sense.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by The Virtuoso
I can't imagine that people just nonchalantly walk around carrying real AK 47s.
That's because you don't know about gangs in CA.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

Weren't you in Cali once for like 4 days?
Check out my band Disturbed
8 days. It was da best. I was in gangland too.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

You're completely right. I didn't realize that CA is the next Uganda with child soldier armies. I'll make sure to watch out for IEDs, Rocket Launchers, and AK 47s the next time I visit (contrary to my location listed. I actually live in the Southwest U.S., so yes, I do know about them). Because you know, every time I see a thirteen year old kid walking around with an AK 47 my first thought is, "the gang armies must be marching again. Better take cover, because I don't want to end up in the killzone."

I mean seriously, do you honestly fucking believe that even criminals would just walk around waving a fucking AK 47? Are you fucking kidding me? Do you have an evidence whatsoever to support this claim, because I think you're full of it? I can only think of one reason why someone would walk around with a real AK 47 like that, and that is this: shooting spree (which id indicative of much deeper problems in American culture). This is what was probably playing in the minds of the officers when they saw the kid, but I still think they reacted too quickly and without proper judgment.

There is much more at issue here than a toy gun and a poor kid's misjudgment. It is an absolute tragedy that a young boy was killed and most of you sit back, blame the victim, and say, "well what did he think was going to happen? What an idiot going out like that! He must have known he was going to be shot!"
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Oct 26, 2013,
Page 1 of 4