New Rig Day!
(before I begin, sorry for the shitty, massive pictures)

Uh Oh....

Thank god
(cos i hear u lyk skooped mids )

First up, a POD HD500. I absolutely love this thing. The stock presets it comes with are pretty shit, but some of them are pretty funny
The cleans are actually quite awesome on this thing. The blackface and twin reverb models are my favourite cleans- chimey and awesome. Mid gain is also quite nice- the jtm-45 model is really quite good for this. The high gain was a bit of a shock to begin with- I thought that they actually sucked at first. They were very fizzy and not at all articulate on the stock patches; however, once i started making my own, I realised just how good the models were. Out of the whole POD, my favourite model is the Powerball model. It's literally just epic.

Effects are, as we all know, a mixed bag. Delays and reverbs are pretty good- distortions and overdrives SUCK, wah's are lacklustre, some of the filters are really cool but generally unusable unless you're a RATM fanboy , choruses and flangers are ok.

So far I am yet to use the looper to its full potential, but it seems pretty cool.
And the best part? I got this, in basically mint condition, for £200!
That's almost half the price of an MG100.

Next is...
hmmm... nice case

but where's the guitar!???

oh... there it is.

an Ibanez RG2570mz! (catchy...)
So I've had this beaut for around 4 months now, but never got round to doing an NGD for it (that explains the dust and scratches )
I am in love with this guitar. I bought it to replace my squire strat, and I walked into GuitarGuitar Epsom expecting to walk away with a MII ibanez, a MIM fender or at a stretch a lower range MIK ltd.
I'm so glad I didn't.
This thing is t3h shit. It's neck is really thin, the pickups are surprisingly alright and the trem is awesome. It's a MIJ ibanez, with Dimarzio/Ibanez pickups, some version of the wizard neck, cool inlays, an edge zero trem and an awesome 'caribbean blue lagoon' finish.
The trem is pretty awesome. You can drop down to drop D using the fine tuners (although this is only suitable for a rough demo, as it makes the other strings go ever so slightly out of tune) and, contrary to generally floyds, it is so easy to set up. I mean, I never changed the strings on my old squier myself, as my brother could do it in 5 minutes for me and I'm a lazy sonuvabitch
So obviously, I was pretty worried about doing it my self on a locking trem for the first time. But it was a breeze! It only took me 20 minutes, which is pretty good for my first time
I also did it last week, and it took me around 10, so not bad at all
The single coil is pretty awesome for cleans, while the neck has a very fluid sound, comparable to the dimarzio liquifire. The bridge is fairly high output, but not X2N high output. They sound pretty decent, and as I am using a modeller I see no need to change them.
I got this for £750 brand new, which may seem pretty expensive, but it isn't considering it was originally £1100 in store, and it's £949 everywhere else
moar pics...

hairband for covering up my mistakes 8 finger tapping

(cos i'm artsy as ****)

Overall, overjoyed with the gear. Would certainly recommend both to anyone.

Requests
It's what you've all been waiting for- the randomguy2000 requests show (cue jingle)
Now, as I am on break for the next week, and I don't have anything planned I would be happy to post some clips for you.
If anyone wants to hear any clips, just post in this thread what you want done, and I will try to do it. You can as me to do a genre, or a song. Just keep in mind I can't really do any droptuned stuff as I have a locking trem. I can go down to d standard on my squier, or possibly drop C
Anyways ask away! The worst that could happen is I say no because I can't play it for whatever reason (drop tunings or because I suck too much )
And before anyone asks, yes-I'm already working on a Ratt clip.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Last edited by randomguy2000 at Oct 26, 2013,
that Ibby is so purdy... HNRD! I've always loved the Prestiges; almost bought one myself before I decided to go with the Firebird. If I would have seen that one though... (Minus the Floyd)

Request: anything Miley Cyrus
Quote by cdr_salamander
that Ibby is so purdy... HNRD! I've always loved the Prestiges; almost bought one myself before I decided to go with the Firebird. If I would have seen that one though... (Minus the Floyd)

Request: anything Miley Cyrus

thanks, and that can most definitely be arranged

Ippon: thanks ! not much compared to your gear though
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Really dig the color on that Ibanez. Congratz!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Really dig the color on that Ibanez. Congratz!

Thanks man! It's definitely not your avarage black ibanez, but at the same time, not quite as unique as your new bogner
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Naice!

We wantz clips.

Dream Theater. Pull Me Under. Or Another Day.

Pls pls pls.

Or Maiden. Aceeees hiiiiiiigh!

hmmm... i'll see what i can do- maiden is definitely doable, and i'll try pull me under- i could probably do it, but that second fast run in the solo is pretty hard
Thanks! I'll do all I can!
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly

wow, great gets. looks like you really maximized your money spent.

always wanted to try a prestige.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
thanks man! and yeah, they are absolutely phenomenal instruments. I'd say comparatively they bridge the gap between ltd's 1000 range and esp's, but they are definitely closer to esp quality.
EDIT: We can't stop, pull me under and either the trooper or aces high in progress. What else?
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly

Last edited by randomguy2000 at Oct 26, 2013,
thanks man! any requests?
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly

sweet

£750 is a pretty good price new considering the usual going rate at the moment, I think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by randomguy2000
thanks man! any requests?

florentine pogan or pygmy twylyte.

those are the two i generally use when trying out a new setup.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Nice Ibanez.
Love that color.
I like Ibanezes.
My S570DXQM is my #1.

Requests : La Villa Strangiato.

Edit:
Does the Pod have an AC30 model?
If so, how close is it?
Last edited by CodeMonk at Oct 26, 2013,
Quote by Dave_Mc
sweet

£750 is a pretty good price new considering the usual going rate at the moment, I think.

Thanks man. Any requests? I'd say you deserve clips more than anyone considering how much help you've given me In my various threads
Gumbi: erm.... Ok?
Codemonk: thanks! I will demo the ac30 model and I will do a bit of lvs.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly

Quote by randomguy2000
Thanks man! It's definitely not your avarage black ibanez, but at the same time, not quite as unique as your new bogner

hmmm... i'll see what i can do- maiden is definitely doable, and i'll try pull me under- i could probably do it, but that second fast run in the solo is pretty hard
Thanks! I'll do all I can!

Aces High is enough lets see what that JCM model can do
Yep sure thing gs lead
Mushroom: never heard of em but will check them out
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly

congrats on the new gears!!!

oh and +311 to RATT LAY IT DOWN!!!!!!!!
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
thanks a lot guys- i was actually already working on lay it down
see bottom line of post
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly

Quote by randomguy2000
Thanks man. Any requests? I'd say you deserve clips more than anyone considering how much help you've given me In my various threads

I don't mind, any 80s rock/metal type stuff and I'll be happy
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
awesome- does satch sound all right?
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly

yup
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
coolio.
Anyone else have any requests?
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly

patience.....
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly

Well since no one has asked for anything super heavy yet, anything from the following would be good:

Born of Osiris
Periphery
Veil of Maya
After the Burial

similar chugsy stuff like that.

HNRD dude, that Prestige is breathtaking, it just reinforces that I need a blue guitar!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
cool. i dont really listen to that stuff, so any easy (relatively) stuff?
if its in lower tunings thats cool, cos i can try out the pitch shifter, but no drop tunings please.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly