I'm thinking about either a 21" TRX Icon china, or a 21" sabian holy china. What do you guys think?
Last edited by WilliamH213 at Oct 27, 2013,
Have you actually tried them out yet, or have you only listened to sound samples online? If it is the latter, I would strongly advise against purchasing either one. There are too many inconsistencies in the lathing, hammering, and weight of cymbals to purchase them blindly off the internet. There's a huge chance that the cymbal that arrives at your door won't sound a damn thing like that sound sample you heard on Sabian, Zildjian, TRX, whatever's website. The best advice I can offer you is to go down to your local music shop and try out all the china cymbals in your price range and purchase the one that sounds best to you.
Well, I have the 17" version of the sabian, and I love it, but I don't know if I should go with the same kind, different size or s totally different cymbal. I've hear both at concerts and on youtube and they both sounded quite good. I was thinking I could order it through my music store and when it gets there, if I don't like it, I could just return it no problem.
One thing I will say about both of those chinas is that they are both likely to be EXTREMELY loud, and so will probably not be suited to many genres other than br00tal metal.
I play a Sabian AAX-Treme China 19", and I love it, but it's too loud and heavy for the kinds of music I use it for (pop-punk, alt rock and some post-hardcore), even though I play larger cymbals across the board anyway (20" and 18" crashes).

I'd echo what Second Rate is saying, in that you should probably go and try them out in a shop to make sure they're what you want.