I'm wondering how I can start recording and practicing through my computer with just my guitar and my Floor Pod Plus. I read you need to have a Audio Interface so I chose this one. "http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0023BYDHK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p267_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1N8X2BZD74TBM8T0K543&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1630072222&pf_rd_i=507846" It's a Behringer UCA222, and it's only $30. It has some pretty awesome reviews on it, and I'm not looking to spend much so I thought it'd be a good Audio Interface to buy. I guess my question is, would all I need to start recording through my computer be the Audio Interface, my guitar, and the Floor Pod Plus? How would I go about hooking it all up together? And what cables/connectors would I need? MIDI cables, connectors, etc.? More of a detailed description would be helpful, but I guess anything at this point will do. Also if I hooked this all up could I just put in headphones through my computer and practice playing that way? Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Jonny1018 at Oct 26, 2013,
First, you'll need to use the UCG102. The UCG222 does not work direct with a guitar.

The UCG102 will accept two 1/4" inputs and it comes with the USB cable, which you'll plug into your computer. So, at the very least, you'll need a 1/4" male to 1/4" male instrument cable.

$30 is about the least you can spend and still end up with an interface. What am I saying? That's pretty cheap, but if it's all you can afford, then you'll have to make it work. It may have some decent reviews, but remember... it's only a $30 interface, so don't expect Rupert Neve quality.

You can use your Floor Pod with it, but the Floor Pod is incapable of performing the duties of an interface by itself. To use both, connect your guitar to the input of the Floor Pod. Use another short instrument cable to come out of the Floor Pod and plug into an input of the Behringer. Connect the Behringer to your PC. From there, you'll need to figure out which software the Berhinger needs to recording. You may be able to download Reaper, or something else. It's also possible that it comes with something.

Good luck!
Last edited by KG6_Steven at Oct 26, 2013,
Quote by KG6_Steven
First, you'll need to use the UCG102. The UCG222 does not work direct with a guitar.

The UCG102 will accept two 1/4" inputs and it comes with the USB cable, which you'll plug into your computer. So, at the very least, you'll need a 1/4" male to 1/4" male instrument cable.

$30 is about the least you can spend and still end up with an interface. What am I saying? That's pretty cheap, but if it's all you can afford, then you'll have to make it work. It may have some decent reviews, but remember... it's only a $30 interface, so don't expect Rupert Neve quality.

You can use your Floor Pod with it, but the Floor Pod is incapable of performing the duties of an interface by itself. To use both, connect your guitar to the input of the Floor Pod. Use another short instrument cable to come out of the Floor Pod and plug into an input of the Behringer. Connect the Behringer to your PC. From there, you'll need to figure out which software the Berhinger needs to recording. You may be able to download Reaper, or something else. It's also possible that it comes with something.

Good luck!

Thank you so much! Haha was pretty confused on how to do all of this. So you're saying I should get the UCG102, connect my guitar into my floor pod plus, and then a cable from my floor pod plus into the interface which is plugged into my computer via USB, correct?
Sounds as though you've got it right. That's what you'll need to do to make it work. Once you get everything hooked up, if you still have questions, just let us know.