Page 1 of 3
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2013/10/greg_abbott_make_texas_better.php

As his bid to become Texas' next governor ramps up, Attorney General Greg Abbott is turning to constituents for ideas for "making Texas even better." Since Abbott is a serious candidate, and since he wants serious suggestions, he turned to the premiere forum for nuanced political discourse and reasoned policy analysis: Facebook.

Here are some of my favorite ones:

"How about making people pass an iq test before they can move here from another state, and especially before they can vote."

"Start treating loberals like Coyote's."

"succeed from the union"
PM me for newts
Quote by Rossenrot
Texas is doing great and the rest of the country is doing shitty. Can't blame em.

I've heard they have their economic situation handled pretty well.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by StewieSwan
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2013/10/greg_abbott_make_texas_better.php

As his bid to become Texas' next governor ramps up, Attorney General Greg Abbott is turning to constituents for ideas for "making Texas even better." Since Abbott is a serious candidate, and since he wants serious suggestions, he turned to the premiere forum for nuanced political discourse and reasoned policy analysis: Facebook.

Here are some of my favorite ones:

"How about making people pass an iq test before they can move here from another state, and especially before they can vote."

"Start treating loberals like Coyote's."

"succeed from the union"

Yeah, if its over 100, they can't move there.
As a Texan I can say the main reason my state is doing great is because this country thrives on oil production. If you're poor here you're fucked. They want to abolish minimum wage as well as social security, medicare, and medicaid, remove all safety nets, end the EPA because regulations hurt their profits, profile minorities, control the educational material for the rest of the union, and establish Christianity as the official religion of the state. Not only that but they want to be the model for the entire nation by doing this. As a Texan born and raised I'll be the first to say fuck Texas. I'm only here because this is where my family is. I also find it humorous that our governor flirts with the idea of secession then runs for presidency of the country he thinks we should leave. I live in an industrial town where churches and oil refineries outnumber everything else.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Last edited by rebeltildeth87 at Oct 26, 2013,
Quote by BladeSlinger

They do indeed. Too bad Texas is in Texas though.
Yeh, Texas' success has a lot more to do with their location on top of a shit ton of oil than anything else.
I think they will succeed.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Quote by rebeltildeth87
As a Texan I can say...

As a Texan I can say that most people here, like most people anywhere in the USA, haven't the slightest interest in or knowledge of political science. And if you don't live in austin, you're pretty much a gun-toting bible-thumping creationist republican that has a surprising talent for accounting.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Didn't they talk about doing this last year? And everyone said legally they can't succeed. Something about the UN and Hawaii is the only state that legally can succeed.
Reminds me of the guy on the radio in GTA Vice City. He wants to cut Florida off from the mainland and sail off.
Quote by Wormholes
Didn't they talk about doing this last year? And everyone said legally they can't succeed. Something about the UN and Hawaii is the only state that legally can succeed.

I don't think anyone has ever seriously considered doing this, but yes. It seems every couple of years there's this thing we have called a tea party and a lot of people go to it and make a big fuss and then proper politicians come in to clean up the mess.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
As a Texan I can say that most people here, like most people anywhere in the USA, haven't the slightest interest in or knowledge of political science. And if you don't live in austin, you're pretty much a gun-toting bible-thumping creationist republican that has a surprising talent for accounting.

Well said. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I think things are slowly changing. You wouldn't know that by listening to Texas officials. The most insane shit said in American politics comes from Texas representatives.
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by rebeltildeth87
You wouldn't know that by listening to Texas officials. The most insane shit said in American politics comes from Texas representatives.

I don't necessarily agree with that completely. If you don't count Bush Jr. I think Texas has been home to some of the most level headed representatives in the nation. And that they mostly act for what they believe will benefit Texas as a whole. That just so happens to be things that don't really benefit the rest of the nation.

It also doesn't help that most of the GOP is so caught up in providing for their super PACs and big business buddies that they forget about the people they're supposed to be representing.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
I live in Texas and love it, but I've lived in a lot of places and enjoyed them all.

Quote by Wormholes

Any state can legally succeed.

None can legally secede....

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Oct 26, 2013,
Im a Texan and I think succeeding from the Union is very stupid.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

This can only be a good thing for the rest of America.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
This can only be a good thing for the rest of America.

Secession would probably a be a good thing for both Texas and the rest of America. If we didn't have to worry about the issue of maintaining Texas' national security or the issue of proper representation for such a 'multi-culturalized' state.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
I don't necessarily agree with that completely. If you don't count Bush Jr. I think Texas has been home to some of the most level headed representatives in the nation.

Really? Ted Cruz, Louie Gohmert, Joe Barton, Ron Paul, Ted Poe, Lamar Smith, Rick Perry, Cynthia Dunbar, and David Dewhurst are some of the most level headed representatives nationwide? It's Tea Party land down here.
Quote by BladeSlinger
well that's what happens when you have oil money and your state government makes it illegal to run a budget deficit.

now if only they wouldn't keep cutting the education budget (half of which goes into one school anyway)
K bye.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
Quote by rebeltildeth87
Really? Ted Cruz, Louie Gohmert, Joe Barton, Ron Paul, Ted Poe, Lamar Smith, Rick Perry, Cynthia Dunbar, and David Dewhurst are some of the most level headed representatives nationwide? It's Tea Party land down here.

I think they accurately represent who they're supposed to be representing and the wants and needs of those people.

D:

Especially #basedTedCruz and #ourlordandsaviourEmperorRickPerry
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Last edited by Victory2134 at Oct 26, 2013,
ooh lawd
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.

"succeed from the union"
so successful

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Cano Felix: "Throw out liberals, muslims, all LGBT gay people as their trying to do the same to us the now minority!"

HE FORGOT BLACK PEOPLE

Daniel James: "become it own government"

lmao

Doesn't ANYONE in gummint EVER read The Constitution any longer?

wow...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Oct 26, 2013,
Quote by Victory2134
Secession would probably a be a good thing for both Texas and the rest of America. If we didn't have to worry about the issue of maintaining Texas' national security or the issue of proper representation for such a 'multi-culturalized' state.

lol, Austin would get raped.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Serious question...

Why is a state not allowed to secede? What repercussions does this really have??

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
That doesn't really explain WHY a state can't secede. Especially a border state it's not even getting in the way of the rest of the country...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Succession is impossible. Success would imply a European quality, which the USA simply doesn't have.
Quote by Xiaoxi
That doesn't really explain WHY a state can't secede. Especially a border state it's not even getting in the way of the rest of the country...

An asswhoopin'

That's why.

Is there something in the constitution that says otherwise? I'm not sure. But there are such thing as treason laws which were used during the civil war. And the war itself sets a pretty solid precedent.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Xiaoxi

Said the student of Berklee.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Lemme put it this way...

a law is created to prevent something bad from happening, right? Sometimes it's for financial reasons. Other times it's for safety/health. Etc etc.

Well, what exactly is the negative effect of a state seceding?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Carnivean
Said the student of Berklee.

lol please then, Ivy League scholar, do profess your knowledge on this.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 3