What's up UG, long time reader first time poster.
As the title states I'm looking to buy a new amp and was hoping to get some suggestions. Looking for a combo not a head and cab set up, and prefer it to have at least 1 12' speaker.
Price isn't really a concern right now as I'm not in a rush to buy. I don't plan on gigging with it as I'm not in a band and don't plan to join one. I would like it to be as versatile as possible so I can use it to record a lot of different styles with it.
I currently play an ESP EC-1000 with an EMG 81/60 pickup set thru a Line 6 Spider 2 112. I would like to keep it under $1000 but am willing to go up to $1500.
I play a few different styles but my main focus is metal/metalcore (Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, In Flames, old Metallica, Pantera) and trance/techno (John Askew, Bryan Kearney, Simon Patterson, Adam Ellis, Paul Oakenfold, Armin Van Buuren) I know there's not a lot of guitar used in the later but it's more for my own productions and for adding guitar parts into existing songs of the above listed and others.
Some amps I've been looking at for the last few weeks are the Line 6 Spider Valve MK2, Peavey Vypyr and I just came across the Blackstar ID series today which has really peaked my interest. I would like it to have effects but not completely necessary, and would prefer a tube amp as I've been using a solid state for about 10 years now and would like to switch.
Any and all suggestions are welcome and sorry for the length. Any other question I will answer the best I can.
Last edited by Aether89 at Oct 26, 2013,
Mesa Mark V combo
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Mesa Mark V combo

I'm not really trying to spend that much but thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any thoughts on the Express combo?
Last edited by Aether89 at Oct 26, 2013,