Whats a Good Mic for recording Acoustic Guitar?
I already have a Usb interface with mic inputs but im not sure
whats the best mic to buy for an acoustic guitar.
Any Tips?
Quote by BCM1989
Whats a Good Mic for recording Acoustic Guitar?
I already have a Usb interface with mic inputs but im not sure
whats the best mic to buy for an acoustic guitar.
Any Tips?

Sony C800G

You can't go wrong with it
For a tiny bit more than a 57 you can get something much nicer.

What's your budget?
sE2200a mkII (without the C at the end) if it fits your budget.

Will do good with pretty much anything.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I usually use a Shure SM57 or an AKG C2000B.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

SM57 is a good all-rounder, but I wouldn't recommend it as the best for recording an acoustic. Really you want a condenser mic for that.

Personally, I find I get the best results with a pair of SDCs, if you're on a tight budget you can get a pair of Behringer C2s for less than £50 that will do a pretty respectable job for the money.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I second the sE2200a mkII. You can get very mediocre recordings with an SM57 and because of their short range is makes it a bit awkward since you always have to have your acoustic a consistent distance. You should be using a condenser mic, since ive started using the sE2200a my recordings have sounded a lot more professional. If you are on a tight budget, all i'd say it stay away from behringer all together.
>Gibson & Schecter Guitars
>Orange Amps
>And some neighbours to piss off
I was recently shown a simple solution whereby you use two mics. Something like a normal SM57 and then a condenser as well at the same time. If you are limited in budget, you can use budget mics. Its best if you can record both mics at the same time on separate channels, assuming you have two inputs on the interface. You'll get quite a difference from both mics, and just use a mix that gives the sound you want. Fairly simple, it can be done cheaply and effective.