GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Not that I know about.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I doubt it. Arent all LTDs mass produced? Certification of authenticity doesnt make much sense there unlike with handmade ESPs and customs.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
I doubt it. Arent all LTDs mass produced? Certification of authenticity doesnt make much sense there unlike with handmade ESPs and customs.

It makes sense from the standpoint that popular/desirable signature guitars are often faked. And Snakebytes are desired sig guitars.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by Stealthtastic
Nobody would fake a cheap guitar like a snakebyte ltd. Low risk/reward

They're £1000. They're not exactly cheap guitars. Whether or not a guitar is 'cheap' is relative to how much the buyer is able to afford. Also, even Epiphones are faked these days, which is actually kinda smart because people give into the logic that a guitar that's cheap isn't worth faking, and so they assume that the faked Epiphone is genuine.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 27, 2013,
Quote by Stealthtastic

yet fake epiphone zakk wylde sig guitars run rampant.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020

That's because of kids that judge a guitar based on the paint job. Supply/demand.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Oct 27, 2013,
Quote by Stealthtastic

Thanks for pointing out that my guitar is cheap. lol you must have more money than me)
I know other LTD models come with a Certificate of Authenticity. I bought mine on ebay from the USA because it was cheaper than buying in the UK. Plus I got the new EMG Het-Set Pickups and a Hard shell case. But I never got a C.O.A. so I'm just enquireing, I have contacted the seller but no response.
Don't know if you get a certificate. If you're wondering if your guitar is a fake (seems like you are wondering). The Chinese do make knock off Snakebytes. But If it's fake it would probably be obvious. The body for starters is fairly unique and probably a knock off would look slightly different. They never seem to get contours and shapes 100% when building duplicates.

Check the inlay work and the pickups, are they real EMGs which require a battery? Check the truss rod compartment, does it look neat or does it look like someone just took a shit in there before they sent it out to you. Check the back cover compartments, are they properly routed so that the covers lay flat and level on the back of the guitar. Is the paint job done properly? Snakebyte is known for its mirror finish. Are there any marks or imperfections... What is the action like, is there fret buzz? etc..

I think the chinese would probably put "ESP" on the headstock instead of LTD. Unless someone specifically asked for LTD to be put on there.
Last edited by kingking22 at Oct 27, 2013,
Quote by kingking22
Don't know if you get a certificate. If you're wondering if your guitar is a fake (seems like you are wondering). The Chinese do make knock off Snakebytes. But If it's fake it would probably be obvious. The body for starters is fairly unique and probably a knock off would look slightly different. They never seem to get contours and shapes 100% when building duplicates.

Check the inlay work and the pickups, are they real EMGs which require a battery? Check the truss rod compartment, does it look neat or does it look like someone just took a shit in there before they sent it out to you. Check the back cover compartments, are they properly routed so that the covers lay flat and level on the back of the guitar. Is the paint job done properly? Snakebyte is known for its mirror finish. Are there any marks or imperfections... What is the action like, is there fret buzz? etc..

I think the chinese would probably put "ESP" on the headstock instead of LTD. Unless someone specifically asked for LTD to be put on there.

Thanks for the reply Kingking22, my LTD snakebyte is not a fake, but i was just curious about the C.O.A. but having said that the standard nut fit on the guitar was terrible I had to get a new bone nut fitted but all is good now.
Last edited by Alex2x at Oct 27, 2013,
Quote by gregs1020

They aren't freakishly accurate knock offs like the Jem ones you see though. And OP I just meant it's not a 4000-6000 guitar. People usually try to resell counterfeits worth a lot more.

I've even seen some fake KLs pop up
Want to Buy:

UV7PWH
yeah they fake everything these days.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.