So I picked up a Carl Martin Octaswitch 2 I have it plugged into all my pedals it works great for switching pedals around however I am trying to get it to change the amp channels on my head (blackstar ht stage 100) but I can't change the channels; I have the ext switch plugged into the footswitch input on my amp with a 1/4 stereo trs to 1/4 stereo trs cable; I would think this should work but nothing's happening; any suggestions? Am I using the wrong cables?
I'm not an expert with this, but I don't think the Octaswitch is designed to do that.

It's designed to create a series of effects loops that you put pedals in so you don't get any tone loss and can control multiple pedals at once, but I don't believe it's cable of changing an amp's channel.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
^ What he said.

It works in a different way to channel switching. All it does is create extra signal path (where your pedals are) and have those loops either turned on or off. If you have none of the 8 loops on, you'd be practically bypassing the unit.

You need to use your amp footswitch to change channels on your amp.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
The octaswitch 2 has an external switch they promote that they it can its in a few of their demo videos
I guess I can't post the link, but it's on YouTube, the pedal has the capability to change amp channels I'm sure of it, I just cane figure out why it's not working with my set up
Didn't realise they'd added that to the MkII.

Just checked the manual & it says this:
The Octa-Switch has two external switching jacks for changing channel on your amp, or other operational features.

Operation is very simple as on the two corresponding DIP switches you simply engage which of the presets 1-8 you which the amp to change channel or turn on reverb, - boost or other operational features.

So say you which to shift to a high gain channel on preset 6 via ext. switch 1 you simply engage DIP switch 6, so now every time you enter preset 6, the amp go to the high gain channel.

Please note that the different amps switching systems varies, so we recommend to us a stereo jack, and then try to solder either the hot on ring or tip, till the wanted result are achieved

...but I'm guessing you've probably already checked the manual and you didn't understand that last sentence either?

I think you have to put some solder on the tip of your ring!
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I have no idea; solder? Solder what? Huh? I have it connected fine, I've tried all sorts of dip switch combos, but to no avail, it seems the dip switches should change the amp channels, but... Yea... That's why I was thinking maybe the cable? I've tried mono and stereo, both don't work, maybe it has something to do with the Blackstar footswitch set up?
I did a bit more digging found this statement on the Carl Martin website:

If plugging straight into the Octa-switch does not give you the desired result, we suggest you contact your local qualified amp technician and have him make the required change to your amp’s switch, so it will function with the Octa-switch. (It is impossible to have a switching system that will work with every amp on the market, but because all switching systems are similar, it should be possible to have them all work with the Octa-switch with! For safety reasons, we do not recommend you open or attempt to service this pedal, your switches or your amplifiers unless you have the proper qualifications!)

So my question is; has anyone ever dealt with this before or have an idea or what actually needs to be done? I imagine it would be specific to the am right?(Blackstar HT Stage 100)
Is it possible for me to do it?
Personally, I agree with this part of Carl Martin's information:
For safety reasons, we do not recommend you open or attempt to service this pedal, your switches or your amplifiers unless you have the proper qualifications

The way I see it, when you come to doing anything like this if you need to ask for full instructions, you're better off getting someone who knows what they're doing to do it for you.

It's one thing to use forums like these for clarification if you have a reasonable amount of knowledge about the repairs/modifications you're performing, but unless you're totally confident I wouldn't recommend attempting anything.

If you have some knowledge of how the inside of your amp works though, it could be worth asking here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Based on the HT 100 manual(and google images), there are two switchfoot jacks. The one for changing channels is a 4-button footswitch with a special cable. It kinda looks like a VGA cable. The 1/4 inch footswitch jack can not change the channel, it is only to change the voicing of the OD2 channel.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Did you buy it new? If so, I suggest maybe returning it and picking up a Moen GEC9

$120 cheaper, built solid as hell, and is idiot proof!

It can loop pedals, amps channels (more than 2 if needed), and multiple amps.

I just use a stereo to 2 mono to switch between clean a dirty on my JCA or Vox. Took me less then 5 mins to get my whole rig setup. Has more banks than the octa as well!

I've owned one for about 8 months now. I've done tones of gigging with it, and have not been particularly easy on it, and I haven't had any issues at all so far.

Just thought it might be worth taking a look at!

Cheers!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Last edited by red.guitar at Oct 27, 2013,
Bought it used; tas38 came
Up with a good Point, I didn't think that the 1/4 jack was separate from the channel changes; so maybe if I find a 1/4 trs stereo cable to VGA that might work?
Oh no, it's not a VGA cable. I was just saying it physically looks like a VGA cable. It has 9 pins, a TRS cable only has three connections, I highly doubt there's any kind of adapter that would work. Maybe a tech could do some fancy stuff and make it work
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
the main reason I got The Octaswitch 2 is because it has the functionality to change up to 8 amp channel/ features, supposedly you are able to plug in a stereo trs 1/4 cable into it and run that to your footswitch input. This is where my problem lies, the HT Stage 100 controls it's footswitch via db 9 pin(that vga looking thing). So I'm looking for suggestions, is there some kind of converter that would make this work? Perhaps i can take the head or the pedal to a tech, and they could modify ssomething? If I do go that route, what exactly needs to be done? Any other suggestions on making these two work together?
A little late, but better late than never I guess. I work within the cabling industry and specialize in making special amp switching cables like this.

You cannot switch channels on ANY Blackstar HT Stage series amps (unless they are the low version amps with TRS jacks instead of DB9). The reason being is that the Blackstar HT Stage amps use Momentary switches. The Carl Martin Octaswitch, as do most switching systems, use Latching switches.

The only way that you can accomplish channel switching on this amp via a latching switching system is converting the signal over to MIDI via a RJM Mini Amp Gizmo, Voodoo Lab Control Switcher, etc. In this case, it still wouldn't help as your Car Martin does not have MIDI functionality.
Good, helpful info, but this thread is pretty old and you're not the one who started it. Odds are good it will get locked. Mods here hate necros.

You'd have been better served starting a new thread with a link to this one.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!