Hey,
as the title says I want to know why you guys statrted making music.

I started playing guitar because of a girl, well I didn't get the girl but I found awesome friends by making music.

Now let me hear your stories.
because it seemed like fun
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
There was a guitar in the house and it seemed like a cool thing
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I always had music in my head, and I liked the sound of the guitar, so after talking with my parents, they got me a guitar! I wanted to play songs that I heard already back then.

Now, I basically base everything off of improvisation and setting the vibe. I play music now because I'm able to do it relatively well, and I feel honored to be able to supply vibes for people, because music is a great mood-setter, and I have the power to set moods! So, I take advantage of that
Because of a boy.

Every day at school he would beat me savagely, then I would go home and run my ruined fingers over a piano in a futile attempt to convey my suffering as music.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I started making music because all the other musicians I knew, which were all my friends, formed a band without me and they said I wasn't good and I couldn't write music. So I started writing chord progressions and never really came up with any music. Then out of nowhere I end up with 4 sound clouds full of electronic music.

Started playing guitar because all my friends started.

At the end of it all, I make music because iv always loved art and I play guitar because I like ring good at stuff and I see a future innit
My dad had a guitar lying around the house ever since i was a kid, he played it occasionally. Curiosity took over one day so i picked it up. Being a listener of bands that broke alot of rules in music (eg; sonic youth), made me realise that you don't need to have alot of skill to make some wicked noise, not that i'm saying zero skill is required of course! It just opened my mind to the fact that good music doesn't have to be complex, and that anyone can make it.
Quote by shoegazer'
To get girls. Is that bad?

It's not bad I had the same reason. Today I won't be able to get through the day without picking up my guitar once at least.
These are the days that make us
These are the times that we can say will change us

Me VS Hero
It got to the point where I was listening to music so much that I wanted to be able to replicate it myself. Then more recently I've discovered more about it and been trying to create my own music. Finding instrumentals isn't that hard but writing lyrics can be hard in a world where not a lot more can be said.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I started playing guitar because I wanted to be the best, really, that hasn't changed, guitar is more of a sport to me nowadays, and I save the music for Guitar Pro and my orchestral composition work.
I was 8 or 9 and my mom was like "you're taking piano lessons"

And I was all "nooooooo, that's so lame"

And she was like "You'll thank me later"

Goddamn, why did she have to be right.....
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Because I was lonely as a child.
Quote by ironman1478
im romanian and am offended. most of the people in romania make americans look like autistic kids on ritalin
Quote by ProfessorJim
I'm autistic and on ritalin and am offended. Most autistic kids on ritalin make americans look like romanians.