Short and sweet, my Phase 90 has been broken for a while. It does absolutely nothing until you push it all the way up. There's no in-between. cracked it open, and it turns out that it can work, but you have to apply pressure downward to the potentiometer to make it work. I don't know a ton about electronics, so I'm not sure how to fix this. Any help?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
To who? It's about five or six years old, so I'm pretty sure its warranty is up. Local shops would probably charge so much for the work time that it'd cost $20 more to just buy a brand new pedal.

Unscrew the back of it. If the PCB inside is burned/damaged, chances are the pedal is beyond repair.
If not, then check for loose connections. If there are none, use some contact cleaner and spray the PCB, the input & output and finally the internal area around the pot. Leave it a few minutes, screw base into place, plug in and play.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
None of the connections are loose, and the board neither looks or smells like there was any electrical damage. Plus, again, it sounds proper when there's a force applied downward and back on the potentiometer, so I know it works, there's just something wrong with the pot, and I'm not sure if it can be fixed or if the pot needs replacing. Will get some cleaner and compressed air tomorrow.

If it works when you apply force to it, put something in there that applies the necessary force. Maybe like a sponge or piece of rubber.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
If it works when you apply force to it, put something in there that applies the necessary force. Maybe like a sponge or piece of rubber.

I spent about an hour fashioning bits of foil, little chunks of wood, rubber nibs, and whatever else I could find trying to fashion something to just that. Unfortunately the angle it has to be held at to make it work doesn't fit through the top of the case, and I lack the tools to modify the case.

phase 90's are like what 70 bucks max new, I'd just get a new one, something similar happened to my first one. Dunlop didn't make them to last.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.