Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a new combo amp. I've decided on a 100 Watt combo amp and I want to decide between the following:

- Peavey Vypyr 100

- Fender Mustang III

- Marshall MG101CFX

I mainly play rock, metal (so, a good gain is a must) and also want to have an amp with good clean sound. I will also use it occassionally with my acoustic guitar (no - I can't afford a stand alone acoustic amp unfortunately).

Which one of the above should I go with?

Thank you very much for the advice.
None of the above.

Especially since you mentioned acoustic, check out the Peavey Vypyr VIP 3. It's 100W, but it's a 1x12 instead of a 2x12. Much much easier on the back.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Could you not just mic the acoustic and get the Vypyr? I don't think you will be happy with any of those amps, especially the MG.
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Art & Lutherie Electric Cutaway
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Vox Original Wah-Wah Pedal V847-A
MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Last edited by Shadowofravenwo at Oct 28, 2013,
Quote by Offworld92
None of the above.

Especially since you mentioned acoustic, check out the Peavey Vypyr VIP 3. It's 100W, but it's a 1x12 instead of a 2x12. Much much easier on the back.

No. When in-amp distortion is activated, no matter how good your humbuckers are, there will be ungodly hum (think single coils on high gain).
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

That seems unlikely. Maybe you had a bad amp? Peavey knows a thing or two about high-gain amps, I doubt they'd make one that noisy. I haven't played the VIP but the regular Vypyr isn't that loud.
I've played the VIP 3 and I've owned 3 Vypyrs... I have no idea what Maineguitarist is talking about.

One of the biggest perks of SS/hybrid tech is that they are dead silent.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X