So my band is attempting a "quiet" practice tonight and we're gonna try running everything DI with our drummer's electric kit so we won't wake up his neighbors or anything and we'll all have headphones and yadda yadda. My question is, is there any possible way for me to run my Boogie DI even tho there isn't a dedicated "Direct output" on it? I've got the 3 channel multi-watt Dual rectifier and the manual doesn't help much.
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier HD Multi-Watt
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100MLB
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
****Wait for someone else to chime in because I could be wrong AND YOU WOULD DESTROY YOUR AMP****

The manual says the FX loop is serial, in that case running a cable from the FX send to the DI will allow you to get the preamp's signal. Since it's serial, it SHOULD cut the signal off from ever reaching the power amp. This is important, because if it doesn't and you don't have a speaker connected, it could ruin the amp.

There's also a slave output which would be perfect, but then you'd still need a load on the power amp.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Keep it hooked up to a cab at all times.

You will be running the preamp signal out as tas38 said, but it won't sound very good unless you've got a power amp/cab emulator running as well. Do you have a SS amp you could bring instead? That would be the ideal solution to this problem...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Keep it hooked up to a cab at all times.

You will be running the preamp signal out as tas38 said, but it won't sound very good unless you've got a power amp/cab emulator running as well. Do you have a SS amp you could bring instead? That would be the ideal solution to this problem...

The only SS I've got is a small spider 3 15 watt lol
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
Well, that may be your best bet. Honestly, if it's a "quiet" practice, I can't see the electric drum set being set much louder than a 15 watt SS practice amp.

Warning: practice will be a lot less fun when quiet
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Well everyone else has an amp with a simulated DI. Bassist has a Behringer head and my rhythm guitarist has a Blackstar HT somethin, can't remember off the top of my head right now. We literally can't make a noise louder than my drummer hitting his pads so that's why we're doing this.
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
Get a cheap old pod...like a 2.0 or an XT (or X3 if you're lucky).
That would be your best bet for your current situation.
Dragging around a tube amp head + cab for "quiet" practice is just a real pain and very silly.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Quote by MightySumo
Well everyone else has an amp with a simulated DI. Bassist has a Behringer head and my rhythm guitarist has a Blackstar HT somethin, can't remember off the top of my head right now. We literally can't make a noise louder than my drummer hitting his pads so that's why we're doing this.

....so wait...

How are you going to hear everything then? Is everyone going into a mixer then wearing headphones? or just being really ****ing quiet?

Just use the Spider. Or find a new practice space
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I'm not sure how good the Dual Rec sounds at low volumes, but for late night playing with my Mark IV I drop the volume REALLY low, mic it, run it through an interface and listen with headphones. Would that work for you?
What i've seen many people do is use an isolation cabinet (should you make one or get your hands on one) and take the signal from the mic and go from there.
???
Quote by LaidBack
....so wait...

How are you going to hear everything then? Is everyone going into a mixer then wearing headphones? or just being really ****ing quiet?

Just use the Spider. Or find a new practice space

+1

At that volume it's not even going to matter if you're using your Dual Rec or not.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X