Page 4 of 155
Quote by cha33 armstrong
Is it just haircuts cuz I did that today, and if it is where is the better expensive brother?

i think they're only available on different days, or maybe one is at night and one is at day? idk i don't remember.

i think the EV boosting items like protein also might raise happiness? not sure.
Quote by institutions
i think they're only available on different days, or maybe one is at night and one is at day? idk i don't remember.

i think the EV boosting items like protein also might raise happiness? not sure.

Yeah ive been experementing with them just incase and even if they dont work it will boost the atk def spl for when I do have espeon/umbreon
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
last night i wasted a Pokeball, 4 Great Balls, an Ultra Ball, and a Luxury Ball on a stupid Chatot or whatever it's called. the one that looks like a parrot.

i named him Potty.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by cha33 armstrong
Yeah ive been experementing with them just incase and even if they dont work it will boost the atk def spl for when I do have espeon/umbreon

There's like no reason to give your Espeon/Umbreon any Proteins

Psychic and Dark are both specially based attackers in 2nd gen

Quote by jakesmellspoo
last night i wasted a Pokeball, 4 Great Balls, an Ultra Ball, and a Luxury Ball on a stupid Chatot or whatever it's called. the one that looks like a parrot.

i named him Potty.

Hey man, Chatot with Nasty Plot and Boomburst

Baton pass it some speed and boom
Quote by Rockford_rocks
There's like no reason to give your Espeon/Umbreon any Proteins

Psychic and Dark are both specially based attackers in 2nd gen

Oh rite cheers, so I should just get calcium then
- Frank Castle
Anyone else been infected with Pokerus yet? I have

edit:
Quote by jakesmellspoo

i named him Potty.

How. I just caught one first time with a Pokeball. It was paralysed, but health wasn't even critical.
Last edited by raoooos at Oct 30, 2013,
Quote by cha33 armstrong
Guys in gen 2 how can I make eevee happy, I want an espeon/umbreon before the E4

Everything you need to know, now in cute pink table form!

Quote by raoooos

Quote by jakesmellspoo
jeez, how many free Pokemon do you get just by doing the main story?

just did that first mega evolution battle and got a Lucario.

I thought the exact same thing when I played that part last night.
Just got Lucario as well. Got my Sylveon too, didn't take long at all. Doesn't know any special moves so it's limited at the moment
Quote by cha33 armstrong
Oh rite cheers, so I should just get calcium then

Carbos if you want speed, and definitely some Sp Def doesn't hurt
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Carbos if you want speed, and definitely some Sp Def doesn't hurt

Eh, it doesn't really matter since he's just playing in game Gen 2. It's not like there's something challenging and you have to watch your stats in that game.

You might as well give your Eevee every vitamin that you have to boost it's happiness
Yeah I guess. It's ingame so whatever.

Ah **** it, I've been having a fun afternoon and I'll share my strategy:

My speed boost Scolipede and choice banded huge power Azumarill have been cleaning up on Pokémon Showdown. Any opposing Pokémon that has no priority move I can come in with Scolipede, go for protect once to see what move they're using and get my speed up to +1. The next turn I go for Swords Dance and get +2 attack, they can hit me but they can't kill me. They can only bring me down to my Sash, and now I'm at +2 atk and speed.

If I'm ever in a pinch or Taunted with the Scolipede, nobody wants to take a +2 Megahorn to the face. And if you don't have priority, chances are I'll be able to go first the next turn.

But if I'm in no danger of losing my Scolipede, I then click Baton Pass and pass my boosts off to Azumarill. I have my choice of Play Rough, Superpower (which I should probably change, -1 atk after every use is only good for two uses), Waterfall, or Aqua Jet (in case of emergencies) to lock myself into. Take your pick, nobody really wants to take any of them.

But the beauty of it all is I will also have a Donphan, Aerodactyl, or Bisharp to pass into. Maybe Toxicroak if I end up keeping him around, or maybe Drapion if I want the best of both worlds.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Oct 30, 2013,
I'm surprised you haven't ran into a Jellicent. Play Rough would hit it for a good bit of damage but then it would just make Azumarill useless by Will-O-Wisping it.
Last edited by darkcheef at Oct 30, 2013,
My friend code is 5215 - 0587 - 1646, I had to change nintendo because it had factory problems, but hey, change the safari number, and can anyone help me trading scizor? Thanks.
Would anyone with Pokémon Y be able to do a quick back and forth trade so I can get Yveltal in my Pokédex?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by Rockford_rocks
[Strategy]

Huh. I've never gotten into the competitive scene because I didn't want to read into all these complex techniques and whatnot. That doesn't seem too complicated though.
Have they raised the chances of getting a shiny? My mate has found 4 already.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by darkcheef
I'm surprised you haven't ran into a Jellicent. Play Rough would hit it for a good bit of damage but then it would just make Azumarill useless by Will-O-Wisping it.

+2 attack choice banded huge power azumarill?

Yeah... burning really doesn't hurt it that much, it's still going to do big chunks of damage. Trust me, I've had it burnt before and still pulled off a mini sweep.

Although if Jellicent disabled Play Rough with Cursed Body, yeah then Azumarill would have to switch out

Quote by archangels
Huh. I've never gotten into the competitive scene because I didn't want to read into all these complex techniques and whatnot. That doesn't seem too complicated though.

It's really not that complex. Once you have your movesets and EVs set it's all about predictions. Sometimes the opponent will bring something that your team has no answer to, but even then by predicting correctly you can make it close. I had a Mega Gyarados take out 4 of my team without switching once and still managed to work back to lose 2-0

And the beauty of that is you can fix your team if there's a Pokemon that's giving you trouble.

I'm watching a battle and the uploader brought up a great point: It doesn't matter how good you get at Pokemon or how much experience you have. You can beat anybody or lose to anybody, because people will always misplay or not understand your style of play. Even if that fails, sometimes hax can save you or ruin you
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Oct 31, 2013,
i'm unable to acquire a 3ds at the moment, so i recently took up playing pokemon emerald to continue with the timeline where i left off. i played gen 1 and gen 2 as a kid but stopped after that.

i finally beat it after putting 27 hours into it. i half-assed my way through the elite 4+wallace with pokemon that probably weren't ready, and a bunch of revives/hyper potions.

quite the challenge, but i'm proud.

it's the first time i've been able to play the game the full way through. in yellow my file was erased while i was at the elite four, and i only beat the last few gyms/elite four in silver because i was borrowing it from a friend to beat it for him since he couldn't beat it.

i didn't think i'd like these goofy unfamiliar pokemon but i've grown quite attached to them :')
Rockford, I added you today. Still getting around to adding everyone.
That Tree Is Far Away
Does anyone find themselves biased towards only liking the original 150? I've only found a few of the newer generation pokemon that I really want to use in my party. I haven't played since gold/silver, and I guess I like that generation a bit too, but 1-150 is where it's at for me.
That Tree Is Far Away
Quote by ZeppelinFloyd
Does anyone find themselves biased towards only liking the original 150? I've only found a few of the newer generation pokemon that I really want to use in my party. I haven't played since gold/silver, and I guess I like that generation a bit too, but 1-150 is where it's at for me.

I always try making a party using only new pokemon, but there aren't really that many to choose from this time. Still managed to get all but one new pokemon.
Yeah, my starter's just sitting in the box. Not really a fan of any of them this time. Greninja's pretty cool I guess.
How usable is Poliwrath? I've always wanted to try him out but I've never been too sure
Quote by mnf50
How usable is Poliwrath? I've always wanted to try him out but I've never been too sure

We talking ingame or competitive? Ingame he's excellent, great coverage and all of his stats besides Sp. Atk and Speed are above average.

Competitively he's above average, he gets water absorb and can switch into obvious water moves (people don't tend to expect it either) and dish out a heavy fighting type move like Dynamic or Focus Punch. Circle Throw is also a great option for phasing out an opponent trying to set up. Also has access to Belly Drum, which is great if you can Baton Pass it some speed but otherwise probably not worth it.

But this depends on what generation we're talking, obviously. Poliwrath didn't really get good until the physical/special split.

Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Yeah, my starter's just sitting in the box. Not really a fan of any of them this time. Greninja's pretty cool I guess.

I actually like the starters this gen a lot, this is probably the first time since 2nd gen that I've struggled with which one I wanted because they were all so neat. They're certainly better than 5th gen's starters in that regard.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Oct 31, 2013,
Quote by mnf50

I've got a Poliwrath on my in game team and he's straight up beastly.

Quote by Rockford_rocks
I actually like the starters this gen a lot, this is probably the first time since 2nd gen that I've struggled with which one I wanted because they were all so neat. They're certainly better than 5th gen's starters in that regard.

They're okay, better than Gen 4 for sure, but I think it's just because I chose Fennekin. Turned out pretty crappy.
Greninja and Chesnaught are where it's at, but Greninja is the only of the three that has real competitive use so far. Chesnaught tries and has a great movepool, but he just doesn't quite fit in.
I think all of the new starters are fantastic. I mean, I decided on Froakie as soon as they were leaked, but even if Froakie didn't exist, I would not have been upset getting stuck with one of the other two.

I really realized this morning how much I appreciate TMs being reusable now. I mean, I can't overstate how awesome it is to be able to teach a TM to all of your Pokemon, but the fact that I can teach a Pokemon Rock Smash, smash a rock to get an item, then reteach it the move it had before? Friggin' amazing. Especially when I can't stand seeing an item on the ground that I can't get to. Now if only Cut wasn't still a damn HM...
Quote by Rockford_rocks
+2 attack choice banded huge power azumarill?

Yeah... burning really doesn't hurt it that much, it's still going to do big chunks of damage. Trust me, I've had it burnt before and still pulled off a mini sweep.

Although if Jellicent disabled Play Rough with Cursed Body, yeah then Azumarill would have to switch out

It actually does, Physically defensive Jellicent would take 52% damage max from Play Rough. Then you get burned and that drops to half so 26% damage max and Jellicent would just kill you by using Recover and Energy Ball

I mean it's a good strategy and all but Jellicent really is a good counter to that moveset.
Last edited by darkcheef at Oct 31, 2013,
i think Doublade is my favorite in my possession so far.

i love ghost types.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
i was reminded last night why i hate trying to make good pokemon.
even the easiest part, trying to get the right nature, is lost on me and i stopped playing before i could even get the pokemon with the nature i wanted.

i'm probably doing it wrong though.
i was just catching tons of eevee in the wild hoping for a modest one >_>
i remember using the daycare for natures in HGSS, and i didn't have anyone that could pass the nature i wanted down to an elekid, so i spent like 3 full PC boxes worth of eggs and still didn't get what i wanted.
Quote by institutions
i was reminded last night why i hate trying to make good pokemon.
even the easiest part, trying to get the right nature, is lost on me and i stopped playing before i could even get the pokemon with the nature i wanted.

i'm probably doing it wrong though.
i was just catching tons of eevee in the wild hoping for a modest one >_>
i remember using the daycare for natures in HGSS, and i didn't have anyone that could pass the nature i wanted down to an elekid, so i spent like 3 full PC boxes worth of eggs and still didn't get what i wanted.

1. Go to the place where wild Dittos are
2. Catch a lot of Ditto
3. Give the Ditto of the nature that you want an Everstone
4. Put that Ditto and the pokemon that you want in the Daycare and get the Pokemon with the nature that you want

That's how easy it is
wait, Ditto evolve now?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
wait, Ditto evolve now?

No, but giving an Everstone to a pokemon gives it a 50% chance to pass off the Nature when breeding.

I think it goes to 100% Gen V and up
oohhhhhh
Quote by darkcheef
It actually does, Physically defensive Jellicent would take 52% damage max from Play Rough. Then you get burned and that drops to half so 26% damage max and Jellicent would just kill you by using Recover and Energy Ball

I mean it's a good strategy and all but Jellicent really is a good counter to that moveset.

Which is why I try to deal with the Jellicent before I bring in Scolipede. Actually, thanks for the info. I haven't seen Jellicent yet but I will look out for it. Toxicroak/Drapion/Bisharp (whichever I decide to run) should have no problem with it.

I don't lead with Scoli and for now a lot of people aren't aware of what he does, so by the time he Baton Passes it's too late. I save him for a potential late game sweep and lead with Aerodactyl. Aero may be my favorite lead ever, the only thing that really annoys him as an opposing is Klefki with Prankster T-wave
oh you give it an everstone...

man. i had dittos with a bunch of different natures in HGSS but i didn't know they needed to be holding an everstone, so i just thought it didn't work.
Quote by ZeppelinFloyd

My main team is Scizor, Tyranitar, Charizard, Haxorus, Dragonite, and Ampharos, so I guess I'm a bit biased towards older gens. Once the bank is available I'll probably add in Swampert or try to change up my team a bit.
Quote by archangels
I really realized this morning how much I appreciate TMs being reusable now. I mean, I can't overstate how awesome it is to be able to teach a TM to all of your Pokemon, but the fact that I can teach a Pokemon Rock Smash, smash a rock to get an item, then reteach it the move it had before? Friggin' amazing. Especially when I can't stand seeing an item on the ground that I can't get to. Now if only Cut wasn't still a damn HM...

Woah woah woah

I didn't know this was the case haven't even used any TMs yet.
A minute after givin up trying to evolve my eevee I went out and beat a level 9 bulbasaur and he eevolveed into umbreon (level39)
- Frank Castle