Page 5 of 155
i just wasted another ridiculous amount of balls on a stupid Farfetch'd.

thing was level 7 and at critical health and it just kept popping right back out.

what the ****?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
What do you mean hunting pokemon?
Like something to use to adequately weaken wild Pokemon for catching?

Something strong, with false swipe probably. A sleep move would help too.
Now I want to go make a Breloom trained in attack and speed, knowing the moves Spore and False Swipe :p
The ultimate catching machine.
Quote by institutions

Now I want to go make a Breloom trained in attack and speed, knowing the moves Spore and False Swipe :p

Exactly what I meant, thanks (:

Edit: Where and how I get that on X?
Last edited by rprdo at Oct 31, 2013,
Quote by institutions

I had that exact set on my Breloom for catching pokemon. Spore/False Swipe was all you really need. And maybe a non-normal type if you want to catch ghosts.

Quote by rprdo
Exactly what I meant, thanks (:

Edit: Where and how I get that on X?

Doesn't seem like you can get Shroomish in XY. You might just want to go with something that has Thunder Wave and False Swipe. A quick search tells me Gallade can learn both of them. And Hypnosis if you want to try a non 100% hitting sleep move. You'll need a male Ralts and a Dawn Stone.
Last edited by AnAngrySquirrel at Oct 31, 2013,
I've gotten back in to competitive breeding in Pokemon Y.

So far my team I am working on is looking like

Gengar (Special Attacker, not sure if I will use Mega on him, Shadow Trapping fairy types is so good)

Azumarill (with the OP combo of Belly Drum and Aqua Jet with his ability, I think the blue bunny is set up to be a premier physical sweeper)

Donphan (for Stealth Rocks and Rapid spin, also an acceptable physical defender)

Mega Absol (Mega Absol has given Absol the tools needed to be usable as a Physical attacker IMO)

Salamance (IDK if I can get Moxie, which sucks, but I will use him as a physical attacker until I decide on something else)

Sylveon (as a Wish passer and SP. Wall. Not sure if SP. walls will even be needed due to the Sp. Attack nerf, though. Might not stay due to Azumarill, not even sure what to put here TBH so suggestions welcome)
Seriously, did anyone ever questioned the fact that a guy all dressed in pink, simply "bonds" with a kind in the dark for some time and the disappears, only to be found in another town ?
Quote by rprdo
Seriously, did anyone ever questioned the fact that a guy all dressed in pink, simply "bonds" with a kind in the dark for some time and the disappears, only to be found in another town ?

Quote by whitenihilist
I've gotten back in to competitive breeding in Pokemon Y.

So far my team I am working on is looking like

Gengar (Special Attacker, not sure if I will use Mega on him, Shadow Trapping fairy types is so good)

Azumarill (with the OP combo of Belly Drum and Aqua Jet with his ability, I think the blue bunny is set up to be a premier physical sweeper)

Donphan (for Stealth Rocks and Rapid spin, also an acceptable physical defender)

Mega Absol (Mega Absol has given Absol the tools needed to be usable as a Physical attacker IMO)

Salamance (IDK if I can get Moxie, which sucks, but I will use him as a physical attacker until I decide on something else)

Sylveon (as a Wish passer and SP. Wall. Not sure if SP. walls will even be needed due to the Sp. Attack nerf, though. Might not stay due to Azumarill, not even sure what to put here TBH so suggestions welcome)

Maybe Ttar, I'd imagine he would be a better Sp Wall because of the nerfs to Surf, Hydro Pump, and Aura Sphere plus the addition of Assault Vest and Steel losing it's resistance to Dark so that means he can rock Metagross and Jirachi.

Even with the nerf to weather and Fairy type being added I think he's going to be better this Gen
Last edited by darkcheef at Oct 31, 2013,
Quote by rprdo

I try not to think of the implications.
Quote by darkcheef
Maybe Ttar, I'd imagine he would be a better Sp Wall because of the nerfs to Surf, Hydro Pump, and Aura Sphere plus the addition of Assault Vest and Steel losing it's resistance to Dark so that means he can rock Metagross and Jirachi.

Even with the nerf to weather and Fairy type being added I think he's going to be better this Gen

I've been thinking about Ttar a lot. I first wanted him as my lead but I can't get one with Stealth Rocks and Pursuit this gen currently. I don't even know if pursuit will be easy to get. I might be setting my self up with having 2 ground types then also.

I will be using Ttar sometime this gen though, I agree with your points about him.
Just realized that Donphan can't get stealth rock right now.

Shit.

I guess time to get a tyraunt on the gts and start making larvitars :/

This game needs a move tutor desperately.
Got five differently coloured Flabebe (Well, four Flabebe plus a Florges). Time for team Flabebe to devastate all before it.

Also does anyone want to do trade in Vivillon patterns? I've got the Garden Vivillon in my game.
Last edited by Nietsche at Oct 31, 2013,
Noob question about pokemon that evolve when traded with held items: Do the items dissapear after the evolution or does the Pokemon still have it to be reused? (So, for example, if I traded Spritzee with a Sachet and it evolved into Aromatisse, would Aromatisse still be holding the Sachet?)
Pretty sure so. Can't be positive since I rarely do the trade-evolution things, but from what I remember it should be fine. Can't think of why it wouldn't.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Nietsche
Noob question about pokemon that evolve when traded with held items: Do the items dissapear after the evolution or does the Pokemon still have it to be reused? (So, for example, if I traded Spritzee with a Sachet and it evolved into Aromatisse, would Aromatisse still be holding the Sachet?)

They lose the item.
And that is why you don't listen to me on trade-related matters
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Wooo. Got my first shiny in this game. Got a shiny poliwhirl. Didn't take long at all, I think it was the 8th pokemon in the chain.
I only get useless shinies. Got a Paras in Leaf Green, a Drowzee in Soul Silver, a Swadloon in White (not terrible I guess), and a Liepard in X.
Unless I'm forgetting one, the only shiny I've caught was a Magneton when I was borrowing my friend's copy of Sapphire for a short time back in elementary school, so I couldn't even carry that up.
So far I've gotten a shiny doduo, friend safari dunsparce, and friend safari ditto. The shiny rate has to been greater then in past games. Before now all I've found is a shiny zubat in gold and my friend gave me her shiny graveler back in diamond/pearl.

I also got 3 pokerus and 1 four max IV scoliopede from wonder trade after trading 2 boxes of rejected bred eevees.
Last edited by whitenihilist at Nov 1, 2013,
Quote by whitenihilist

I also got 3 pokerus and 1 four max IV scoliopede from wonder trade after trading 2 boxes of rejected bred eevees.

WHO WOULD DO THIS WTF

Like even if you had a ton of them you could get something valuable for it. Please tell me it's not speed boost.

I want one ;_;
I don't know what ability it is of the top of my head, but I dumped a few 3 max IV gastly, bagon, and eevees in there myself.

Right now I am busy breeding my tyranitars but I will let you all when I can make some 3-4 (MAYBE 5) max IV Pokemon to give out. I've got eevees down to X/31/31/31/31/31 right now.
Hi, friends, I'm looking for Aggronite, which unfortunately I can't obtain in X version. Anyone want Tyranitarite in exchange for their Aggronite? My friend code is on the front page if you'd like to trade, but for faster reference- 4785-5377-7440. Thanks!
Quote by stealstrings

C:
Yes, Zygarde is the Z legend. But rumor has it there are still 3 legendary Pokemon yet to be reveled.

Quote by InstantMustache
Hi, friends, I'm looking for Aggronite, which unfortunately I can't obtain in X version. Anyone want Tyranitarite in exchange for their Aggronite? My friend code is on the front page if you'd like to trade, but for faster reference- 4785-5377-7440. Thanks!

I just got my mega ring upgrade, so I haven't gotten it yet, but I wouldn't mind trading Aggroniye when I find it.
I think I've been playing Pokemon for 10 years now and have put thousands of hours in and I still have never even seen a shiny... I've had Pokerus twice though.
Quote by whitenihilist
Yes, Zygarde is the Z legend. But rumor has it there are still 3 legendary Pokemon yet to be reveled.

Awesome, was just trying to capture noibat, when suddenly the bgm changed.

Edit: how do I capture articuno? I've ran into him a couple of times, but he flies away every time, wasn't he supposed to be in a cave or something like in pokemon yellow?
Last edited by rprdo at Nov 1, 2013,
^He automatically runs away from you the first 8 (I think. It's a high number) times you encounter him, then he'll be in the Sea Spirit's Den northwest of Coumarine City.
Edit: Serebii says "over a dozen times"

The only shiny i've ever encountered was a shiny Spinarak in Crystal version
Last edited by institutions at Nov 1, 2013,
I got a shiny Gastly in LG and a shiny Starly in Diamond. That's it though.

I attempted chaining in Diamond, but got bored pretty quickly.
Apparently someone hacked the game and found the three legendaries -

And
Mega Latios and Latias, which look exactly the same

Last edited by edgeyyz at Nov 1, 2013,
The 2nd legendary lookslike a gypsy thats gonna make a curse

And that latios is the 2nd mega evo I approve
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I've decided i'm not restarting my X version.
I'm just gonna do post-game stuff because there are so many teams I want to make.
Not really competitive teams, just fun ones.

Like one team is going to be Pidgey, Pidove, Starly, Farfetch'd, Fletchling, and (because I don't like Spearow or Taillow) Hoothoot.
Then one team full of cute Pokemon because I like cute things.
Quote by cha33 armstrong
The 2nd legendary lookslike a gypsy thats gonna make a curse

And that latios is the 2nd mega evo I approve

Really? I think those are some of the worst looking ones.

And if they're real I can't ever see anyone ever using them because Soul Dew makes them powerful enough and there are better Megas out there
Quote by edgeyyz
Apparently someone hacked the game and found the three legendaries -

And
Mega Latios and Latias, which look exactly the same

Predicted typings?

1) Fire/Dragon? Doesn't really look like a dragon. Fire and steel would be good.
2) Psychic/Fairy
3) Fairy/?